Ticker Tape reception again at a 2010/11 game.

CITY FOR LIFE

Controling the Ticker Tape from EL 3 Block 308 on
Well the Summer break is soon disappearing and the first game will soon be upon us.
With this in mind I think it may be time to ask you all your thoughts on the above idea.
As you all know I arranged the 'ticker tape event' at the Derby last season with the help of the club and a few members on 'Bluemoon' and to say it was done in 3 weeks and was kept low key 'at the clubs request' to gain max 'wow' effect when it happened, it did start to grow much bigger then expected.
I would like to think most fans thought it looked great on the day and from the amount of PM's I received after I think it did + the photos posted on here.
Anyway, I would like to know what your views would be at me looking at arranging it again for a game next season. not the Derby, we don't want the 'oh thats new' comments from the rags. I was thinking of maybe a European night match, we go abroad and see the giant flags, fireworks etc, etc so the thought of doing this at a night European game came to mind.
I am more then willing to speak to the club, contact the people who helped me last season, only this time I wouldn't have to keep it a secret like last years request from the club. It could become a bit like the clubs recent requests of bring your flags and banners only they would request to bring the streamers and ticker tape.
More then happy to set up a small 'event group' for this with other blues on here.
Your thoughts everyone, remember what it looked like v Utd and what it could be like from all the stands.
It doe's involve H&S, the police, cleaning contractors, stewards etc, so if the intrest is there I will e-mail my club contact.
I was thinking of a later Euro night or if we were knocked out one of the later Prem night matches during the title run in.
Thoughts please.

I think it's a good idea! I think maybe the home quarter final/semi-final of the Europa League if we get that far (hopefully)...we should have something different for both of those games...ticker tape 1 game and maybe bananas/flags/any other things we have for the other!

danny123 said:
I think it's a good idea! I think maybe the home quarter final/semi-final of the Europa League if we get that far (hopefully)...we should have something different for both of those games...ticker tape 1 game and maybe bananas/flags/any other things we have for the other!
My thoughts as well mate, if we did get knocked out :( then it would still leave time to arrange something for a later Prem run in game, I would perfer to do this at a night match this time around.

Great idea, really did the trick and helped us win the game last time-NOT!

Try something new and original, we got the wrong result last time so it's not a great omen is it?

Great Idea.

Why not the first home game against Liverpool. Might inspire the team and make a statement about us for this season.

It's just like saying amazing atmospheres work all the time...didn't work for the previous derby, didn't work for the away leg of the Carling Cup.

Doing something spectacular that is different is always worth a shot surely? I'd like to say for starters; have the Hamburg atmosphere for every game but I don't see that happening :(

Roger Ringpiece said:
Great idea, really did the trick and helped us win the game last time-NOT!

Try something new and original, we got the wrong result last time so it's not a great omen is it?
Hear what your saying mate, but I have over the last 2 years aksed on here ref ideas and would anyone be willing to arrange something at a game. Result not many ideas and not much support and that is why I went off I did it off my own back, in the end getting support from people on here.
The problem trying something new is first of all you need to come up with an idea that will get passed by the following, the Club, Police, Head Steward, H&S and the cleaning contractors, not easy I can tell you.
Last season I had to try and do it with the CB/SS and NS knowing, that was at the clubs request to get the 'wow' reaction when they saw it happen from the ES, in the end so many got involved it couldn't be kept quite, this time it would be all the stands.
The other problem is we have lots of people saying we should do this and do that but what ever happens? nothing, we had the flags, scarves and the Bluemoon all arranged by the club at least the 'ticker tape' was fan based.
I am open to any ideas, but in the end this would work great at a night match, very little cost to supporters and something everyone can get involved in.
Like I say its just an idea and something the we know the club would allow,
My thought would be for the club to do the 'Bluemoon' lights out and while they were out which is only for 20secs to do the ticker tape, so when the lights come on the sky would be full of blue and white, like I say its just an idea, if there is no interest then I shall not start the ball rolling.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Well the Summer break is soon disappearing and the first game will soon be upon us.
With this in mind I think it may be time to ask you all your thoughts on the above idea.
As you all know I arranged the 'ticker tape event' at the Derby last season with the help of the club and a few members on 'Bluemoon' and to say it was done in 3 weeks and was kept low key 'at the clubs request' to gain max 'wow' effect when it happened, it did start to grow much bigger then expected.
I would like to think most fans thought it looked great on the day and from the amount of PM's I received after I think it did + the photos posted on here.
Anyway, I would like to know what your views would be at me looking at arranging it again for a game next season. not the Derby, we don't want the 'oh thats new' comments from the rags. I was thinking of maybe a European night match, we go abroad and see the giant flags, fireworks etc, etc so the thought of doing this at a night European game came to mind.
I am more then willing to speak to the club, contact the people who helped me last season, only this time I wouldn't have to keep it a secret like last years request from the club. It could become a bit like the clubs recent requests of bring your flags and banners only they would request to bring the streamers and ticker tape.
More then happy to set up a small 'event group' for this with other blues on here.
Your thoughts everyone, remember what it looked like v Utd and what it could be like from all the stands.
It doe's involve H&S, the police, cleaning contractors, stewards etc, so if the intrest is there I will e-mail my club contact.
I was thinking of a later Euro night or if we were knocked out one of the later Prem night matches during the title run in.
Thoughts please.
I really admire you mate, your enthusiasm is infectious and fair play to you

But please please please knock this on the head for a while, at least until another semi final or something, I don't think I could handle thread after thread of ticker tape again so early on in the new season.

mancitygaz said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
Thoughts please.

But please please please knock this on the head for a while, at least until another semi final or something, I don't think I could handle thread after thread of ticker tape again so early on in the new season.
Lol, believe me mate this is the only one you will see, if the interest seems to there, it will put to bed until the 'new year' then I would speak to the club, I only raised the question as the club start planning match day events a couple of months in advance.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
mancitygaz said:

Lol, believe me mate this is the only one you will see, if the interest seems to there, it will put to bed until the 'new year' then I would speak to the club, I only raised the question as the club start planning match day events a couple of months in advance.
like I said, fair play to you and good luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.