Ticket Collection Celtic away

Ive been saying this since it's introduction
But it seems to go over the heads of some of our fans
It's about control for me. All English football fans being seen as a problem. Ticket collection schemes mean tighter control through better knowledge of who is where and when.

Three of us came back from Monchengladbach last year in a spanking big BMW via the Dunkirk ferry. We had suits on because we wangled a work meeting in Holland on the way back to help fund the trip. French border guards told us they didn't believe we'd been to the match and were on our way home. They said "you don't look like hooligans, where have you really been?".

They said they have introduced the pick up at venue because basically people were letting knob heads have there tickets and city are getting a bad name abroad
Interesting. I only go to the odd European away match and haven't tended to see much that would make me think we would be getting a particularly bad reputation abroad. Just the expected pissed up foolery that would definitely happen whether they have the pick up point or not. Do people who go to most of the European aways regularly see stuff that would back up that we are getting a bad rep?

It's about control for me. All English football fans being seen as a problem. Ticket collection schemes mean tighter control through better knowledge of who is where and when.

Three of us came back from Monchengladbach last year in a spanking big BMW via the Dunkirk ferry. We had suits on because we wangled a work meeting in Holland on the way back to help fund the trip. French border guards told us they didn't believe we'd been to the match and were on our way home. They said "you don't look like hooligans, where have you really been?".
Couldn't agree more mate
It sickens me the way I'm treated as a football fan. We're second class citizens in the eyes of the club, the police, many businesses and the football authorities. Without realising just how much we plow into the economy following our past time.
The difference is stark when I change from suit into a football top, yet the person inside remains the same.

Interesting. I only go to the odd European away match and haven't tended to see much that would make me think we would be getting a particularly bad reputation abroad. Just the expected pissed up foolery that would definitely happen whether they have the pick up point or not. Do people who go to most of the European aways regularly see stuff that would back up that we are getting a bad rep?
Tbh I was informed in Steaua, that it was because the 'girls' had taken a load of abuse from fans in Turin
However, the way some fans were treated in Turin was beneath contempt

The flip side of this is that my son and I went to Dortmund on the ferry a few years back (also in a big BMW) and on the way out they properly searched the car like they thought we were drug dealers. So on the way back I said to my son, "wear your City scarf so they know we've been to the match, I don't fancy having the car fucked about with again." They stopped us for about an hour solely because he had that scarf on, at first refusing to issue us with a boarding pass then making us go into some kind of meeting in an office in the port at Rotterdam, threatening not to let us on the boat and saying that if there was any sign of trouble we'd be arrested. The whole thing was utterly bizarre.

Couldn't agree more mate
It sickens me the way I'm treated as a football fan. We're second class citizens in the eyes of the club, the police, many businesses and the football authorities. Without realising just how much we plow into the economy following our past time.
The difference is stark when I change from suit into a football top, yet the person inside remains the same.
We showed them the match tickets and they just thought it was even more funny. Irony being the German matches are the only ones, in my experience, where the Polizei are reasonable and stand back.

Saw a bloke drink his own piss out of a bottle that he just filled.Tom foolery at its finest.
I would imagine on the whole we are one of the better travelling fans on the road.
Never saw any real bad stuff,a lot of alcohol related stuff.I would imagine the club are just going on feedback from sober fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.