Ticket Office (Again)

Just 25 mins this morning to sort out a problem from a ticket exchange to family & friends....if you're reading this Tony...mines a pint!!!

Bumping this rather than start a new thread. A negative experience unfortunately.
Bought three tickets for West Ham when it had a provisional date at the end of May. Since then it got confirmed for a school night so I contacted the club to return two of the three. I was explicitly clear that I wanted to hold my ticket but was only returning the juniors. What City - usually quick in getting back - then did was completely ignore me for eight days, despite three emails asking the status of my request. So yesterday I downloaded the tickets and I told the Mrs I was taking the kids to the game after all. I had concluded that because West Ham hadn't sold out, the club didn't want the tickets back. Fine.

But as soon as we watched Arsenal win last night, I had a sinking feeling, and said to the Mrs 'I bet City will want those tickets back after this, this is def a big game now'. Lo and behold, first thing in the morning, the club confirmed it had refunded me for all THREE tickets - when I had only ever asked to return two. So now I don't just miss the game, I lose the points too. I have had good experiences with the ticket office and some not so good - but this is the worst.

It's great that City will take tickets back if circumstances change. But it's looking very much like games are being played dependent on how many the club thinks they can sell back at a higher price.

Bumping this rather than start a new thread. A negative experience unfortunately.
Bought three tickets for West Ham when it had a provisional date at the end of May. Since then it got confirmed for a school night so I contacted the club to return two of the three. I was explicitly clear that I wanted to hold my ticket but was only returning the juniors. What City - usually quick in getting back - then did was completely ignore me for eight days, despite three emails asking the status of my request. So yesterday I downloaded the tickets and I told the Mrs I was taking the kids to the game after all. I had concluded that because West Ham hadn't sold out, the club didn't want the tickets back. Fine.

But as soon as we watched Arsenal win last night, I had a sinking feeling, and said to the Mrs 'I bet City will want those tickets back after this, this is def a big game now'. Lo and behold, first thing in the morning, the club confirmed it had refunded me for all THREE tickets - when I had only ever asked to return two. So now I don't just miss the game, I lose the points too. I have had good experiences with the ticket office and some not so good - but this is the worst.

It's great that City will take tickets back if circumstances change. But it's looking very much like games are being played dependent on how many the club thinks they can sell back at a higher price.
I wouldn't worry about the points - the club don't anymore!

I wouldn't worry about the points - the club don't anymore!
Truesay. @21mago very kindly sorted me out his ticket but still a shabby performance from the club, whose answer was pretty much 'buy another three, then' - with no acknowledgement that they had refunded all three by mistake. Accidents happen, human error, we've all done it etc - just getting a v moneygrabbing, slightly underhanded vibe from the way tickets at being dealt with at the mo.

Not excusing the club but if you still want to go, there’s tickets available in pretty much every block in the ground.

I was one hour on the phone this morning until I got through to Lauren in Supporter Services. She was very helpful and sorted my query as well as giving useful advice on a season card matter.

Not excusing the club but if you still want to go, there’s tickets available in pretty much every block in the ground.
Cheers. I'm sorted now. Kids won't be going now but it was a last minute change of plan and it's a short wait until Sat when we'll be back again. All's well that ends well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.