Tickets on Derby day

Finch

A friend of mine has been offered a ticket for the Derby, but it is for the age band of 16-21. This has probably been asked 1,000s of times, and for that I apologise. But what are his chances of getting in? The ticket is his only chance of getting to the game, so obviously he's willing to try it.

I've got my ticket sorted at least, so I'm not really that bothered, but any answers would be appreciated as I told him I'd ask around.

He's 40, and looks 40!

I think the stewards will be too concerned about the rag fans then dealing with under age tickets. If it's his only chance of getting in then he has nothing to lose.

The turnstiles flash a different colour for each age group. Adult Green, Concessions Amber. I had my grandsons ticket and my nephew had mine. I was approuched by a steward as soon as I went through but she noticed my nephew (8yrs) had used the adult ticket so stepped back.

If it is on a season card and your mate gets caught, CITY may ban the season card.

take it to the ticket office before the game and upgrade it to an adult.10/20 quid at the most.simple.

allan harper said:
I think the stewards will be too concerned about the rag fans then dealing with under age tickets. If it's his only chance of getting in then he has nothing to lose.

he aint going in the away end so the stewards on every other turn style(home gates) will be doing there job as normal.things dont change just for the rags.

tell him to phone the ticket office as sometimes upgrades arnt offered in cup games

16-21 tickets show up as adults at the turnstile (only the green light). The only issue that might arise would be checking the ticket at the top of the aisle as happens in places like 110/111. I would agree with the previous posters, see if you can get it upgraded just to be on the safe side.

The Kippaxkid said:
The turnstiles flash a different colour for each age group. Adult Green, Concessions Amber. I had my grandsons ticket and my nephew had mine. I was approuched by a steward as soon as I went through but she noticed my nephew (8yrs) had used the adult ticket so stepped back.

If it is on a season card and your mate gets caught, CITY may ban the season card.
I never knew that. I'll have a look next game when I go in the turnstile.

I reckon he would get checked, a guy infront of me got pulled against Stoke. Don't matter who we r playing, stewards in the ground will check City fans as they enter just as they usually do

just try it, ive got mates who buy kids tickets on the cheap,who are clssed as adults and just go in the ground, have never got checked.

Due to a mistake on City's behalf, my season ticket says 16/17 but I should be in the 18-21 category. Everyone says I look much older than 18 and I get stared at by the stewards on the way in but they haven't said anything as of yet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.