Time for an organised boycott of The Mirror?

LongsightM13 said:
Just floating an idea for discussion. Isn't that the point of a forum? A lot of blues still do buy this Rag rag and if only one reconsiders, then this topic has been worthwhile. As for JohnMaddocksAxe, normally anyone comparing me to a rag would wind me up but when it's a smug fart knocker who calls himself after an ex Mirror Group hack, why bother

I'm all for freedom of speech and the right of people to write what they want.

I extend that to comic-like newspapers too.

I thought the point of this thread and the legions like it over the past twevle months though was exactly the opposite of that and to become hysterical to the point of protest when some comic prints something that isn't a 'City are brilliant' article.

That's why I suggested a sticky. Keep them all in the same place.

The rag-esque comment was not a rag accusation, it was a comparison s a lot of rags that I know have this persecution complex whereby they see their club as persecuted and everyone out to get them, including the media. Perhaps that's just the ones I know, but I was, and am constantly on here recently, reminded of that.

Apologies if this thread wasn't actually intended to mimic something along those lines. It just seemed like it. Perhaps, as someone else has suggested, Scouse might have been more apt and less offensive.

Yours agreeing wholeheartedly with your campaign for free speech and people writing whatever they want

S. Fart-Knocker

Have you considerd writing to the paper concerned?

According so reports, we are despised by the whole of the popular press, radio and TV. I would call it interest. But, we have articles quoted almost daily as "yet more evidence of anti City bias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" when in fact all most of them have done is dared mention us by name.

Granted the journalist you refer to is guilty of writing rubbish, but the tide will change and one day he will write in praise, if equally badly, about our great success. The popular press thrives on outrage and is laughably fickle. Either read it as simple entertainment or ignore it. It isn't worth stressing about.

Whats the point of us boycotting the mirror when people like you come on hear telling us everything bad the Mirror said about us since the year 0 plonk. Your obviously an avid mirror reader.

Bonol said:
Whats the point of us boycotting the mirror when people like you come on hear telling us everything bad the Mirror said about us since the year 0 plonk. Your obviously an avid mirror reader.

pmsl very good point

I cannot for the life of me understand why some people waste a few pence of their hard-earned dosh on The Daily Mirror.

It is purely for the consumption of people possessing a single-figure IQ.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.