Time for City to take control

bluesoup

There are two situations that I feel City need to start taking control over. They require senior City personnel to start earning their large salaries to which I think is a healthy sum.

Situation one: The media, why oh why do we allow the press to misterpret Mancini, especially in press conferences. Kloss (who I pressume runs these from behind the scenes) needs to take a stand and set the tone. If we have a problem with translation, get the questions up front. Why give the press the rope to hang Mancini. He obviously needs PR protection. Chuffin help him! Then there are the repetitive speculative stories in the press that are proundly made up. Just look at the Bellamy story that recently aired. This has been going on for far too long. I'm sure we all recall the same stories about Hughes before he was fired. Stories about unrest in the training camp were rife even then. Why oh Why do we allow these stories to repeat over and over again. Do we not have a team of lawyers to keep this type of mistruth out of the press!

Situation two: The FA, why oh why do we allow incidents against us, go unnoticed. We regularly have our players kicked all over the pitch and the FA do nothing. We need Mancini to talk about them like Pullis did in his interview and then we'll see Sky use this as a looping story until the FA do something. When we have games where SWP is kicked all over the pitch, what do we do, stay humble and accept it.

If we are going to be top team, we can't be humble or rightwous in matters like these. If other top teams play on their own terms, we need to fight fire with fire. Stop being nice with the FA, get our people in the FA to say this is not acceptable.

Rant over....

Totally agree.

City are supine...

We should be raising the rafters against the FA and itts blatantly dishonest response to the Mascerano incident.

I'm bloody mad at the FA and the shitty press but I'm as mad at the sodding PATHETIC lack of response from the club.

We are much better than when Pee-arse wouldn't say a bad thing about a ref that had just robbed us blind.

But the media will not desist from printing crap, even when the lawyers breathe down their necks. They will simply retract but the damage is done.

I think the first time a malicious story is printed the author is banned from CoMS for the rest of the season. Ferguson has done it for years.

It isn't particularly an intelligent way forward but the arseholes who simply want to make a splash deserve nothing else. Keep 'em out of CoMS. No hospitality, no accreditation until they produce a level of accuracy, not an article we necessarily like, which befits something more akin to the truth.

I just do not know why we have snides like Mrs de Winter's lad, Henry, sitting in comfortable chairs at CoMS or Carrington, smirking all over his smacked-arse face, asking questions designed to elicit a stumble in translation or to use as the basis of a smarty-pants article.

city should have stopped all press conferences after the mark hughes debate, these guys were calling for his head criticizing him to no end then jumped on the poor mark evaluation, city should only do press conferences through selected media ie ian cheeseman and a few others to name and be through a selection, in fact here is an idea, let the fans control the press conferences i am sure with about two thousand city fans stood all around the press with clenched fists i am sure there questions would moderate? with big mals cigar sitting on winters knee, that would be a classic. right the second issue you have to blame city for being far too nice for the amount of shit decisions and unfair suspensions, city should have made a stand when Ade was fined for the famous run, my reason being if the arse fans had behaved themselves then there would have been no fine or threat of more punishments, the failure of our club to back our players is an absolute disgrace, the man who should be sacked is gordon man united taylor he has done nothing to bring what pulis says is parity to what this week has been one of the most wicked of turning a blind eye to other situations, city have too, like the poster says (which i am in total agreement with) is take control and start kicking some arses?

... and

3. On the pitch. The teams above us will own the pitch. Have an arrogance / confidence to say, "we're the team to beat here, you come and earn the right to walk the same pitch as us"

Can anyone tell if what I have just seen on Sky Sports that SWP has refused new contract with City.

Is this "City taking Control"

bluesoup said:
There are two situations that I feel City need to start taking control over. They require senior City personnel to start earning their large salaries to which I think is a healthy sum.

Situation one: The media, why oh why do we allow the press to misterpret Mancini, especially in press conferences. Kloss (who I pressume runs these from behind the scenes) needs to take a stand and set the tone. If we have a problem with translation, get the questions up front. Why give the press the rope to hang Mancini. He obviously needs PR protection. Chuffin help him! Then there are the repetitive speculative stories in the press that are proundly made up. Just look at the Bellamy story that recently aired. This has been going on for far too long. I'm sure we all recall the same stories about Hughes before he was fired. Stories about unrest in the training camp were rife even then. Why oh Why do we allow these stories to repeat over and over again. Do we not have a team of lawyers to keep this type of mistruth out of the press!

Situation two: The FA, why oh why do we allow incidents against us, go unnoticed. We regularly have our players kicked all over the pitch and the FA do nothing. We need Mancini to talk about them like Pullis did in his interview and then we'll see Sky use this as a looping story until the FA do something. When we have games where SWP is kicked all over the pitch, what do we do, stay humble and accept it.

If we are going to be top team, we can't be humble or rightwous in matters like these. If other top teams play on their own terms, we need to fight fire with fire. Stop being nice with the FA, get our people in the FA to say this is not acceptable.

Rant over....

agree totally with point 2. as for situation 1 we now have the very best media lawyers in place, no one fucks with city now.

i think that for city to ever have consistant succsess we need to bully teams. When you see teams like chealsea play, they blully the opposition and grind out the win at all costs. by this i mean to be always closing teams down and allowing them no space, allowing them minimal possetion on the ball and play with a bit of passion. The best teams have all done this and it gets results. so i think bobby should harden them up, get them playing with some passion and bully any opposition in our way to glory.

de niro said:
bluesoup said:

Rant over....

agree totally with point 2. as for situation 1 we now have the very best media lawyers in place, no one fucks with city now.

Even with these new lawyers in place, I've not seen any change with the press! Think they need to earn their healthy salaries too. My main concern tho are the press conferences. Mancini is regularly bated by the press with questions that give the press the headlines the following day.

bluesoup said:

Rant over....

Lets just rise above it and do things the right way...on the pitch...

Lets not turn into whingeing twats eh ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.