Time to stop making excuses

I fail to understand why the hole at right back hasn't been plugged in the summer.

With the money spent on Santa Cruz, a decent right back could have been bought.

Right now, every team targets the right, whether it is Richards or Zab, every manager knows it is the weak spot.

I agree completely IP i mean in the beginning when Hughes came i always tried to stick up for him but sitting down today and just seeing that shocking game, i just though "200 Million and this is it?" Because in my opinion hes not a big enough manager to control and get these big players winning games i mean this time last year i was happier with more unknown players and winning a few games at home here and there.

I really think hes almost had his time, we need to bring a big manager a Guss Hiddink or Mourihno but just my opinion :)

Got to agree with the post author on everything he said. I've been saying since day one to anyone that will listen, that Hughes will bring the same tactics that he used at Blackburn to City and its happening, No finesse, No style, hoof it and hope. we are not that kind of team now and def not with the players we have. My impressions are a team with no confidence and no idea where they are supposed to be playing....infact we dont have a team, we have 11 good players wondering what to do. I would rather have 3 wins and 4 losses and see a team who enjoys the football they are playing than what I am watching now.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Last season allthough i didn't rate what Hughes did most of the time i had to grin and bear it as i had to give him the benefit of doubt as it wasn't his players and i didn't think it was truly fair to judge him properly when he was left with a strikeforce of Evans, Jo and Caicedo and a defence of Richards, Garrido and Dunne for example, but i can't do that this season. He brought in excellent signings in January with Given, De Jong and for what we had previously Bridge and Bellamy and he and his supporters can't keep coming up with the same excuses about gelling, we're nearly in December and his purchases have been experienced quality players in their prime, if they can't gel after 15 or so games and 5 months then they aren't the quality players i think they are.

It's not we aren't performing at the minute because we still need time to gel, we aren't performing because the one guy who bought these players, cannot get the best out of them.

Adebayor problem - In 10 games he has had more high balls played to him than in his whole career, just because he is six foot odd doesn't mean he should win headers all the time, he's got lovely feet, he is one of the worlds best for bringing others into play, we play a ball on the ground to him he will hold it and he will bring in the likes of Robinho, SWP and Ireland into play who will devastate whoever they are playing against be it Barca or Blackpool, instead we boot it up to him ALL the time, he isn't the best in the air with his back to goal which is why he has been awful last few games, not his fault, it's Hughes's. If that is what he wants to play like then why did he waste £25m on Ade? He could of got Kevin Davies for £10m who is the best in the league at that type of game.

Ireland problem - By far and away our best player last season, he was the ultimate all in one player, he could do everything, create, shoot, tackle, win headers, score goals, everything! Now what we see thanks to the formation we play and the way Hughes wants him to play is a player the shadow of himself who when once in a bluemoon he has the oppourtunity to try to create and it doesn't come off you start getting idiots saying he isn't all that. It's not his fault, it's Hughes.

We may have not lost our last 7 games but we still only got 7 points, how would people have felt it we had won 2, drew 1 and lost 4? That still gives us with the same points from the last 7 games!!

Get the ball on the ground, play to the players strengths and i guarantee the results will take care of themselves, especially against the likes of Hull and Burnley and those kinds of sides at home. He needs to remember we aren't Blackburn Rovers, we have a better calibre of players and he needs to change his Blackburn tactics that served so well for the likes of Savage and other shite avergae players to one that will get the best results and performances out of quality players like Robinho and Adebayor.

December is a HUGE month for Hughes, if by December 31st we are out of the League Cup and are 9-10 points behind 4th in the league would you trust him to spend another £50-£70m in the January transfer window? Because i wouldn't.

GREAT POST

Great post totally agree,stop just lumpin the ball up field it's not workin.
Play to feet all day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.