Time to take a breather

herrock

I had a horrible feeling that we might wake up this morning 10 points behind. That was a massive weekend for us and knowing how the early game had gone our boys showed that they aren't going to give the title back easily.
It's been a funny season so far, but now we are playing just like we did the last 6 games of last season. Media bias and poor refereeing decisions only seem to make the team stronger. Even before our penalty yesterday, i said to my mate that i was watching the game with, what a pleasure it was to watch a city side out passing arsenal. The years in the lower leagues seem a long way away now.
We might still falter, but if we do turn it around this year it will be even sweeter than last season.

If we DO turn it around it will be a phenominal feat , and especially with the form Van Persie is in ...... another City title could utterly destroy the rags as they'll know they'd have given it their absolute best shot , with a full squad , and could have no possible excuses ....... the damage could already have been done with the Sunderland loss , and the home derby defeat , but we've got to maintain the pressure on them , and keep hoping ..... you never know in football , but at long last City appear to be finding their feet.

I still think that seven points behind with 16 games to play is still a recoverable situation for City at this stage, as we are playing better and the reds are very unconvincing so they will hit a bad patch soon. Since the second half of last season I have believed that City has had a very strong squad, and that all we needed was time to settle and develop that team spirit that champs need. I do not believe we needed much in the way of extra players, just squad tweaking here and there. The mad scramble at the end of the summer window was mostly wasted time and money, with only Nastasic being a success so far. So what I was hoping for was for RM to make better use of his squad rotation, making sure everyone got rest and time for recovery from injuries. I still think RM picks certain favorite players all the time and as a result their performance suffers (Yaya, Silve & Nasri). I still think RM is too tough on certain non-favored players who he sees as only bench players, and as a result of not getting enough games they struggle when they come on (Dzeko, Milner). The recent extended runs starting for Edin Dzeko and James Milner show that team spirit is improved by the confidence of more regular appearances, and Zaba remains the team leader in commitment and versatility.

I believe we are a different team without Yaya; not better or worse, just different. On his day Yaya can be an immense player with great vision and strength on those driving runs, sometimes predictable and boring, and he has a gift for scoring some crucial goals. On off-days Yaya can be frustratingly slow & deliberate & appears lazy & nonchalant & takes too long getting back into position. This season he has had more of those games than we would like to see, but in his defense maybe he is suffering from playing too many games. Against Arsenal we showed that our strong squad if rotated carefully can play well and get a good result without him, and we are now playing better as a team.
I believe we are a different team without Balo; much better as a team. On his day Balo can be a big player with occasional flashes of brilliance. On off-days Balo can be frustratingly lazy & petulant arguing with officials and opponents and team-mates. RM has shown him more patience than he deserves, and I hope he goes in this window, even if it means a financial loss. RM paid much too much for a player who nobody else was interest in and who Mourinho had written off as unmanageable, when a better deal for a 20 year-old would have been based on a lower fee with add-ons based on appearances and performance and based on a lower basic wage plus results incentives.

just frustrated that our momentum may be halted by Kompany's sending off. Someone else stated it on here, time and time again just when things are starting to go well something is there to stop us. Aguero, Richards, Clichy, Barry, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Kompany all injured at some point. suspensions for Nasri and Kompany. Toures off to Africa. In the even that Kompany's ban is not overturned, hopefully we can cope through Fulham, Palace/Stoke and QPR.

We can still claw back the 7 points, and the Arsenal game showed what we are capable of.

NoahCity said:
just frustrated that our momentum may be halted by Kompany's sending off. Someone else stated it on here, time and time again just when things are starting to go well something is there to stop us. Aguero, Richards, Clichy, Barry, Milner, Silva, Nasri, Kompany all injured at some point. suspensions for Nasri and Kompany. Toures off to Africa. In the even that Kompany's ban is not overturned, hopefully we can cope through Fulham, Palace/Stoke and QPR.

Lescott and Nasty should have more than enough for those games. It hasn't been vintage Kompany this season anyway so i wouldnt worry too much.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.