Time wasting by players

TBooksbluearmy

It is time that when it's a goal kick it went back to the old rule. If it went off on the left side the goal, the kick had to be taken from the left hand side of the goal, and the same for the right, lets get back to that law. Also once ball has gone out for a goal kick or a throw in the team has say 10secs to get the ball into play or it will go to the opponents.
If it is a goal kick it becomes a corner, for a throw in it goes to the opponents. Also at a throw in the 1st person to the ball has to take the throw in. This will stop the players from passing it to one another and just eating up time, which never gets add on.

as a fan (and a referee) i absolutely hate time wasting (or delaying the restart of the game to give it its proper title). so many things obvious like players picking the ball up and carrying it 10/15 yards before rolling it back / lobbing it up in the air, slyly kicking the ball back 10 yards, missing the ball when thrown/kicked from a ball boy or opposition player.

it's something all teams do (even city - PSG last year, utd at Old Trafford this) as winning (or drawing) is everything and i agree that something needs to be done about this to prevent such time wasting, an idea i've had for some time is if a player after conceding a foul or throw in picks up the ball and wastes time by moving it away then the free kick or throw in is moved forward by the same amount.

Yesterday went too far and I think I came close to popping a bollock screaming for a second yellow for Forster.

That being said, we'll do exactly the same when it suits us. I'd rather not, it's not what I want to see from anyone but it's the sensible thing to do until the rules change.

It is time that when it's a goal kick it went back to the old rule. If it went off on the left side the goal, the kick had to be taken from the left hand side of the goal, and the same for the right, lets get back to that law. Also once ball has gone out for a goal kick or a throw in the team has say 10secs to get the ball into play or it will go to the opponents.
If it is a goal kick it becomes a corner, for a throw in it goes to the opponents. Also at a throw in the 1st person to the ball has to take the throw in. This will stop the players from passing it to one another and just eating up time, which never gets add on.

They changed it to speed things up not thinking that a goalie would use it to slow things down Just make it that it has to be taken from the side that the ball stops at, no doubt they would find some way of using that as well. The whole problem of time wasting lies with weakness by FIFA and referees if a ref added 7 mins instead of guessing at 4 and the time wasters complained, explain 3 has bee added for time wasting. the whole thing is a joke wasting from the very first throw in and he added an extra minute at full time which they proceeded to waste Get the rugby solution in that's the only true way to stop it

I don't blame the players for taking advantage, I don't even particularly blame the referees who all deal with time wasting in the same ineffective way. I said after about 15 minutes yesterday that Clattenburg wouldn't do anything until the final couple of minutes, it is always the same. The problem lies with the rules, fucking joke that in this day and age you still get such drastically different "ball in play" times from one match to another. Other sports embrace technology like hawkeye, football can't even have a clock that stops when the ball is out of play, we have to accept a ref making it up as he goes along.

I don't blame the players for taking advantage, I don't even particularly blame the referees who all deal with time wasting in the same ineffective way. I said after about 15 minutes yesterday that Clattenburg wouldn't do anything until the final couple of minutes, it is always the same. The problem lies with the rules, fucking joke that in this day and age you still get such drastically different "ball in play" times from one match to another. Other sports embrace technology like hawkeye, football can't even have a clock that stops when the ball is out of play, we have to accept a ref making it up as he goes along.

Spot on, there's only one sure fire way to sort this issue and that's a clock that stops when the ball is out of play. There's no added time and there's no added time to the added time Mr. Atkinson

A moment after Forster was booked for time wasting he spent an almost identical time at the next goal kick. Howard was one of the worst for it. Maybe it's time for the fourth official to keep time and stop the watch when time wasting occurs, not guess oh that's about 10 seconds. One goal kick yesterday took 44 seconds I think from the time the ball went out until it was back in play! Multiply that by ten kicks a game and that is over seven minutes of action we could have.

Spot on, there's only one sure fire way to sort this issue and that's a clock that stops when the ball is out of play. There's no added time and there's no added time to the added time Mr. Atkinson
This. Works perfectly in other sports.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.