Timisora are no pushovers

ramsdale4

That's according to the Romanian (Steaua Bucharest fan) cleaner where I work. He spoke to me about the upcoming game (strangely while I was doing some paper work in trap 3) about how they have spent big money this summer after bringing in a lot of players, including a couple of handy South Americans, and are playing well. He also said they are the Romanian equivalent of City.

Also he said beat CRJ Cluj at the weekend who are a half decent side and have recently beat Shaktar Donesk too. He reckons they will do us 2-1 at their place.

Well that wouldn't be so bad , if we scored an away goal .... providing they count in this competition .

But ideally we've got to hopeful , and capable , of getting a draw ... at least.

The Steaua fan is right that they are no pushovers but what he failed to tell you is that only scraped a win against Finland's MyPa 47 and there is a scouting report on line about our opponents by a Romanian scout.

Hi guys,

Actually please don't trust Steaua fans. Here in Romania people who barely hear something about football but want to be like the flock just become Steaua Bucharest supporters.

Coming back to serious stuff Poli Timisoara will off course try their best, all the players there want to impress maybe some Premier League clubs who might offer them a contract in case they do well in these games.

Poli has a lot of eastern european players (serb,slovak,czech and off course lots of romanians) . There was some argentinian guy in the last part of the previous season, but he is no longer a player of the club .

There are only 2 reasons which could make City lose this game :
- crowd pressure - there will be over 30 000 spectators , with a group of 3000 hard core ones who will sing and shout all game for the team .
- City stars underestimating the opposition and thinking they are in vacation while playing

I just came a few minutes ago from the stadium and saw sporadic groups of 2-3 english fans, guess majority of you guys will only arrive tomorrow. Also the "public" training of Manchester City was actually public only for the press .

Anyway as i think those 2 elements i described above will have their importance i would say 3-1 for Poli tomorrow evening :D

P.S: Due to television agreement in Romania the game was moved from local hour 21:45 to 22:00 (from 19:45 to 20:00 UK time) . Also i guess those of you who don't love your team enough to pay a lousy 300 quid to come and see the game here and drink some very cheap beer can probably find a lot of TV streams during the game itself. I would recommend either <a class="postlink" href="http://www.livetv.ru/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.livetv.ru/en</a> or <a class="postlink" href="http://www.myp2p.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.myp2p.eu</a> . Sites are quite easy to handle through. It will be very usefull if you install also the sopcast plug in before the match so you don't struggle with that one instead of watching the actual game.

GabiTorjeFan said:
Hi guys,

Actually please don't trust Steaua fans. Here in Romania people who barely hear something about football but want to be like the flock just become Steaua Bucharest supporters.

Coming back to serious stuff Poli Timisoara will off course try their best, all the players there want to impress maybe some Premier League clubs who might offer them a contract in case they do well in these games.

Poli has a lot of eastern european players (serb,slovak,czech and off course lots of romanians) . There was some argentinian guy in the last part of the previous season, but he is no longer a player of the club .

There are only 2 reasons which could make City lose this game :
- crowd pressure - there will be over 30 000 spectators , with a group of 3000 hard core ones who will sing and shout all game for the team .
- City stars underestimating the opposition and thinking they are in vacation while playing

I just came a few minutes ago from the stadium and saw sporadic groups of 2-3 english fans, guess majority of you guys will only arrive tomorrow. Also the "public" training of Manchester City was actually public only for the press .

Anyway as i think those 2 elements i described above will have their importance i would say 3-1 for Poli tomorrow evening :D

P.S: Due to television agreement in Romania the game was moved from local hour 21:45 to 22:00 (from 19:45 to 20:00 UK time) . Also i guess those of you who don't love your team enough to pay a lousy 300 quid to come and see the game here and drink some very cheap beer can probably find a lot of TV streams during the game itself. I would recommend either <a class="postlink" href="http://www.livetv.ru/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.livetv.ru/en</a> or <a class="postlink" href="http://www.myp2p.eu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.myp2p.eu</a> . Sites are quite easy to handle through. It will be very usefull if you install also the sopcast plug in before the match so you don't struggle with that one instead of watching the actual game.

Thank you.

We should not underestimate Timisoara. It can only hurt us.

Young Boys proves no club should be taken lightly. This should be treated like a Premier League match, anything less and I will be disappointed.

ramsdale4 said:
That's according to the Romanian (Steaua Bucharest fan) cleaner where I work. He spoke to me about the upcoming game (strangely while I was doing some paper work in trap 3) about how they have spent big money this summer after bringing in a lot of players, including a couple of handy South Americans, and are playing well. He also said they are the Romanian equivalent of City.

Also he said beat CRJ Cluj at the weekend who are a half decent side and have recently beat Shaktar Donesk too. He reckons they will do us 2-1 at their place.
They should not be underestimated they knocked Shaktar out of last years champions league.
This was after a 0-0 draw at home.
I just hope R M as got a bit more respect for them than some of our supporters.

I think they will be a decent team. Their recent results in Europe are nothing to write home about, a lot of draws and a few losses.

What might make them dangerous is that they're a few games into the season now (p4 w1 d3 l0)

I've dug up a few reports and stuff.....From what I can gather, they have some decent players, nothing really spectacular, but they look competant.

The team looks to be settled around the following players;

Cisovsky the Slovak CB looked pretty decent at the world cup. He seems to play alongside Luchin who provides the mobility.

Left Back Sepsi is attack minded, right back Scutaru is defensive.

(Cosmin Contra was once a very fine RB but is 35 now and doesn't seem to be in favour)

Bourcenau is rated a good defensive midfielder who can cover the ground with ease. His partner in crime is Alexa, knicknamed 'the surgeon' for the amount of bones he's broken.

Curtean on the right has a wicked shot. The one you won't be able to miss is Magera, the Czech. He is described as a 6'5 left-footed playmaker/striker who can just about play anywhere on the pitch. Goga is like a free floating attacker, he finishes well and looks pretty cultured.

Then it's Axente as the striker, his style seems to be anticipating the ball in the box and harrassing defenders.

Zicu is a very talented left footed creative player but he seems to be on the fringes. Ionescu the veteran playmaker has been replaced by Tames, who is supposedly pretty gritty. Again he seems to be used as a sub.

I wouldn't expect them to be. I imagine they'll be fairly well organised and will work very hard. If they have a bit of quality going forwards as well it could be a pretty tricky tie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.