Timisora are no pushovers

Underestimating this team is the worst thing we could do , we need to treat it as a serious game and play to the best of our ability . We can beat anyone and I'm sure if we put in maximum effort we should win . Young boys were massively underestimated and went and turned the spuds over quite convincingly in the first half aswell . The same happened with that danish team two years back , we underestimated them and they almost beat us . Just play like we always do and we should win

I mean no disrespect here at all but i would be reasonably confident of our second string (squad players) picking up a comfortable victory. Also i think the second leg at our place we could easily put 6 or 7 past them. I really am failing to see why people are giving them so much of a chance in regards to them getting a result agains us. We easily have the best squad to compete in this competiton in god knows how long and yet we have people saying we should be happy with a draw. Why is there no confidence amongst us ? Go back to the last time we played in europe and with that same squad of players that came so close against a really strong Hamburg side i would expect nothing less than to win both legs of this tie, nevermind the players we have now.

Just had a look at their squad and only recognise one player, Cosmin Contra. He used to play for Alves, Atletico and Milan, he is a right back but can play at wing back. Im not sure how good he is now but he is experianced. I think it wil be pretty tough like most away European games but i think if we are up for it we should win. Looking at their record last season they drew with Ajax, Stuttgart, Anderlecht and Shaktar Donesck twice so they cant be underestermated.

Cosmin Contra! <3
During many many FM editions he used be a diamond bargain player for lower league teams. He'd come to almost any country and any division. Always a steady performer on FM so I wouldn't write him off even at 35 (because obviously FM is an exact replication of real life!)

dan.j.mcfc said:
I mean no disrespect here at all but i would be reasonably confident of our second string (squad players) picking up a comfortable victory. Also i think the second leg at our place we could easily put 6 or 7 past them. I really am failing to see why people are giving them so much of a chance in regards to them getting a result agains us. We easily have the best squad to compete in this competiton in god knows how long and yet we have people saying we should be happy with a draw. Why is there no confidence amongst us ? Go back to the last time we played in europe and with that same squad of players that came so close against a really strong Hamburg side i would expect nothing less than to win both legs of this tie, nevermind the players we have now.
And also came very close to going out on penalties to an unknown Danish team.
They also beat the team that won the uefa cup that year.
What you are doing is failing to respect a pretty strong team with more experiance in Europe than us.
All that said i still think we should win,but only if we approach this game with the right attitude.

the--dud said:
Cosmin Contra! <3
During many many FM editions he used be a diamond bargain player for lower league teams. He'd come to almost any country and any division. Always a steady performer on FM so I wouldn't write him off even at 35 (because obviously FM is an exact replication of real life!)

Haha yeah he used to be decent on that. Just had a look at him and i think he is playing in the midfield now.

Harry how can you say they have more european experiance than us ? As a club they have only been formed for around 8 years and as a club we have played many more eurpean games than they have. Also as a squad we have arguably players with as much european experiance than at any other club in europe, we have Champions League winners in our team. With the exception of maybe Joe Hart i would say over the last 5 years the rest of our starting line-up have played regular european football with most competing at the highest level in the Champions League. Yet some people on here feel these players should be happy with a draw against a team that are european minnows. Just to correct anybody thats saying they beat Shakhtar they didnt they drew both legs and went through on away goals. Also in there entire history they have played a total of 14 european games winning just 2, the last was in the qualifier to face us where they scrapped through against none other than MYPA ???

dan.j.mcfc said:
Harry how can you say they have more european experiance than us ? As a club they have only been formed for around 8 years and as a club we have played many more eurpean games than they have. Also as a squad we have arguably players with as much european experiance than at any other club in europe, we have Champions League winners in our team. With the exception of maybe Joe Hart i would say over the last 5 years the rest of our starting line-up have played regular european football with most competing at the highest level in the Champions League. Yet some people on here feel these players should be happy with a draw against a team that are european minnows. Just to correct anybody thats saying they beat Shakhtar they didnt they drew both legs and went through on away goals. Also in there entire history they have played a total of 14 european games winning just 2, the last was in the qualifier to face us where they scrapped through against none other than MYPA ???
They have been formed 8 years and have appeared in Europe for the last 3 years.
In my opinion they have spent nearly 40% of there history playing in Europe.
They have competed in the champions league. In my opinion there European history is just as good if not better than ours.
They have never been turned over by 6 or 7 by teams like Stuttgart or Ajax.
Yet you seem to think we can do just that and turn them over at home easily.
On paper we had a lot better team than Groclin. The trouble was we didnt play them on paper.
And if they get the same 2 results as they did against Shaktar they will go through.
I think we will win but i hope RM and the players don`t go into the game with the same attitude that you have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.