To all the Blues no longer with us

Think you are right I went into the garden for a little cry. Bizarrely at the final whistle our living room of 5 of us it was silence. I hugged my sons and than went outside to compose myself.
Think it panic my missus lol she came outside to see me in floods of tears. She said "what's the matter ?". I said ' I wish dad was here"
Funny enough she doesn't realise what part she has played in my bond with my lads, partially my eldest.

After a divorce, my new missus said she didnt want to stand in the way of my father and son time. She encouraged me to start going to matches again with my eldest ( youngest not into football ).

Over the last 5 or so years we have had some great father and son times. My missus really gets what it means to me and my lad.

I havent anything to leave my lads but I can leave them memories. A fuck me have we some memories. Memories like setting my lads car alight when trying to top up the oil on the way to the Etihad lol. Luckily we poured all our drinking water our it and we carried on to the match ! No damage to the car just burn Mark's on the engine block !

Off to Bournemouth next. Enjoy every moment blues and enjoy the moment and the memories. Thanks grandad and dad both Burnage lads me a posh didsbury lad some 58 years ago lol

View attachment 107117
thats what its all about mate is the memories, things come and things go but memories you have forever

Think you are right I went into the garden for a little cry. Bizarrely at the final whistle our living room of 5 of us it was silence. I hugged my sons and than went outside to compose myself.
Think it panic my missus lol she came outside to see me in floods of tears. She said "what's the matter ?". I said ' I wish dad was here"
Funny enough she doesn't realise what part she has played in my bond with my lads, partially my eldest.

After a divorce, my new missus said she didnt want to stand in the way of my father and son time. She encouraged me to start going to matches again with my eldest ( youngest not into football ).

Over the last 5 or so years we have had some great father and son times. My missus really gets what it means to me and my lad.

I havent anything to leave my lads but I can leave them memories. A fuck me have we some memories. Memories like setting my lads car alight when trying to top up the oil on the way to the Etihad lol. Luckily we poured all our drinking water our it and we carried on to the match ! No damage to the car just burn Mark's on the engine block !

Off to Bournemouth next. Enjoy every moment blues and enjoy the moment and the memories. Thanks grandad and dad both Burnage lads me a posh didsbury lad some 58 years ago lol

View attachment 107117
That is a superb photo and you are so right about making the memories.

View attachment 107117
Can't believe this photo.
The beard the glasses the smile you are the spitting image of my son who I unfortunately lost in November.
Thanks brought me a smile

Like quite a few others, I've only discovered this thread today and I have to say it's taken a long time to get through these spell-binding posts. I made a pathetic attempt to read out @Wheelsy's sublime post to my mrs, but had to give up as I literally couldnt get the words out. I don't think I've ever read a more accurate depiction of any event in my life. To capture the emotion, the sheer relief and the sense of spine-tingling pride in a few paragraphs is some achievement my friend.

Forgive the following ramblings of this currently over emotional wreck of a man, but I just need to share my story.

I lost my Dad 10 years ago to cancer. His last game was the 2-2 draw with Liverpool, when Sergio scored his stunner from that ridiculous angle. He'd only told me of his diagnosis on the way to the match, but already I knew he wasn't right. He ended his days in Clatterbridge Hospice on the Wirral. There were 2 other guys in his room, one was Lancs coach Glen Chapple's Dad and the other was the most amazing Evertonian, John. We got quite close to his family (all Evertonians) as we waited for the inevitable demise of our loved ones to that bastard of a disease. Ironically, after a couple of weeks of bedside vigils had passed, City were playing Everton at our place and one of his sons asked me if I could get his Dad a matchday programme, which of course I was delighted to do. Like the idiot I am, and as someone who never buys a programme, I thought I'd get one after the game. Could we find one, not a chance. Me and the bro-in-law were in a blind panic, getting more and more upset about the prospect of letting him down.

So, we went to main entrance and told a City member of staff our plight, he told us to wait where we were. 20 minutes later, sweating profusely and out of breath, he came back with not only a programme, but the matchday team sheet signed by Roberto and David Moyes, pin badges, half n half scarf (I know, I know) and a club tie. Absolutely outstanding and typical of our club in these sad circumstances.

To my eternal pain and regret, John passed that night. We returned to the hospice the next day, bearing gifts he never saw. His family however, in their grief, waited for us to arrive and we shared a heart-wrenching few minutes in honour of the man and they gladly accepted the gifts on behalf of their Dad. To say they were chuffed would be the understatement of the Century.

Those gifts from City are still proudly displayed on their mantlepiece and we've remained friends ever since.

My Dad passed a few days later.

The first message I got after the final whistle at the Ataturk was from my Evertonian brothers, God bless 'em, who were cheering the Blues on and raising a glass to 2 great Dads. I was a wreck and completely overwhelmed, but overjoyed they'd thought of my Dad, his team and his son at that time. Truly humbling and something I'll never forget.

Thanks for listening folks, love and peace to you all and especially to those we've lost x

Like quite a few others, I've only discovered this thread today and I have to say it's taken a long time to get through these spell-binding posts. I made a pathetic attempt to read out @Wheelsy's sublime post to my mrs, but had to give up as I literally couldnt get the words out. I don't think I've ever read a more accurate depiction of any event in my life. To capture the emotion, the sheer relief and the sense of spine-tingling pride in a few paragraphs is some achievement my friend.

Forgive the following ramblings of this currently over emotional wreck of a man, but I just need to share my story.

I lost my Dad 10 years ago to cancer. His last game was the 2-2 draw with Liverpool, when Sergio scored his stunner from that ridiculous angle. He'd only told me of his diagnosis on the way to the match, but already I knew he wasn't right. He ended his days in Clatterbridge Hospice on the Wirral. There were 2 other guys in his room, one was Lancs coach Glen Chapple's Dad and the other was the most amazing Evertonian, John. We got quite close to his family (all Evertonians) as we waited for the inevitable demise of our loved ones to that bastard of a disease. Ironically, after a couple of weeks of bedside vigils had passed, City were playing Everton at our place and one of his sons asked me if I could get his Dad a matchday programme, which of course I was delighted to do. Like the idiot I am, and as someone who never buys a programme, I thought I'd get one after the game. Could we find one, not a chance. Me and the bro-in-law were in a blind panic, getting more and more upset about the prospect of letting him down.

So, we went to main entrance and told a City member of staff our plight, he told us to wait where we were. 20 minutes later, sweating profusely and out of breath, he came back with not only a programme, but the matchday team sheet signed by Roberto and David Moyes, pin badges, half n half scarf (I know, I know) and a club tie. Absolutely outstanding and typical of our club in these sad circumstances.

To my eternal pain and regret, John passed that night. We returned to the hospice the next day, bearing gifts he never saw. His family however, in their grief, waited for us to arrive and we shared a heart-wrenching few minutes in honour of the man and they gladly accepted the gifts on behalf of their Dad. To say they were chuffed would be the understatement of the Century.

Those gifts from City are still proudly displayed on their mantlepiece and we've remained friends ever since.

The first message I got after the final whistle at the Ataturk was from my Evertonian brothers, God bless 'em, who were cheering the Blues on and raising a glass to 2 great Dads. I was a wreck and completely overwhelmed, but overjoyed they'd thought of my Dad, his team and his son at that time. Truly humbling and something I'll never forget.

Thanks for listening folks, love and peace to you all and especially to those we've lost x
Great post mate.

Absolutely lovely post @Dodge. Love and peace to you as well. Your Dad would be very proud of you. :-)

Absolutely lovely post @Dodge. Love and peace to you as well. Your Dad would be very proud of you. :-)
Thanks @Eccles Blue and @levets, feels kind of cathartic this thread.

At the risk of going full Mills & Boon, about 5 mins after the final whistle my mrs pointed out a single white feather that was floating about on the breeze above our block.

"See, he did make the game" she said.

More waterworks. I'm just glad there were hundreds of other Blues in tears, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to set foot in 116 ever again!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.