Todays Pitch Invasion. City v Swansea

Likewise. :-)

It's a topic I'm interested in.

Can't lie, done loads of pitch invasions. I'm still alive. :-)

There was no risk to players or fans against Swansea.

Regarding concerts at the Etihad. People are pissed up, drugged up, etc, even before they get inside the stadium. Fighting on the pitch, dancing on or in-front of their seats in the stands, Women getting their tits out, throwing their knickers around, etc. A.G. Anything goes. ;-)

I'm sure most footballers don't mind getting mobbed, patted on the head, patted on the back, and lifted shoulder high, while being carried off the pitch by the fans. Stripping them of their kit is going to far though. :-?

I can certainly verify what you say about gigs at the ground, from personal experience!

Absolutely. The idea that there was a “trade-off” when the fences came down in the sense that fans were asked to keep off the pitch is utter bollocks. Those fences were being torn down all over the country immediately after the Hillsborough disaster and the last thing in the world that was being mentioned at the time was pitch invasions by fans, friendly or otherwise. Indeed, just 4 weeks after Hillsborough, City secured promotion at Bradford and thousands of blues invaded the Valley Parade pitch. I don’t recall ever reading of any condemnation of that. Or the ones at Blackburn in 2000 and at home to Wigan 12 months earlier, so I don’t know where this outrage has come from about a purely celebratory pitch invasion all of a sudden.

There really are some right slapped arses on this thread and it’s indicative of how sanitised the game has become. I don’t ever want to see a return to the violence of the 70’s or 80’s but certain traditions in our game ought to remain intact.

Dilly! Dilly!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.