Today's Premier League Games Discussion Thread

Johnsonontheleft

Come on Wigan

Before some trigger-happy mod moves this to the general football forum, please realise this is very relevant to us.

We need Wigan to smash Newcastle today and a Cisse red card wouldn't go amiss either.

Re: Come on Wigan

Johnsonontheleft said:
Before some trigger-happy mod moves this to the general football forum, please realise this is very relevant to us.

We need Wigan to smash Newcastle today and a Cisse red card wouldn't go amiss either.
It's a difficult one, this.

On the one hand, I want Newcastle to have their top four spot cemented by Thursday so that when we go to theirs next weekend they won't feel like they have to attack us in the same way we've got to attack them. But on the other hand, I want Newcastle to be deflated and drained by the time we play them - but that means that Chelsea could still catch Newcastle, which means that Newcastle will need a win against us to stay in the top four.

I can understand the red card part but why in the right mind would you like Newcastle to lose today. I would certainly love them to win both their matches before us though due to Chelsea advancing to CL Final it doesn't matter as much as it would if Barcelona won.

MCFC BOB said:
Johnsonontheleft said:

It's a difficult one, this.

On the one hand, I want Newcastle to have their top four spot cemented by Thursday so that when we go to theirs next weekend they won't feel like they have to attack us in the same way we've got to attack them. But on the other hand, I want Newcastle to be deflated and drained by the time we play them - but that means that Chelsea could still catch Newcastle, which means that Newcastle will need a win against us to stay in the top four.

Chelsea messed all that up by getting to the final.

If Chelsea win it. There is only a top 3 so Newcastle will need to keep pushing for that just in case. They won't be able to look at it as 'Well Chelsea won't win anyway'. Most said that about the semi.

Hard to say what I want today but u gotta look at Newcastle playing 3 games in 8 days they'll be more tired than us. If they can win both games 4th will be more or less theirs and we'd have a good 5 days rest and go and beat them. Hope for a few injuries tho Ben Arfa and Cisse the 2 that worry me but don't forget we'll have 11 that worry them.

Come on West Brom, Swansea, Liverpool, Sunderland and Newcastle, win me some moneeeey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.