Today's shooting in America thread

One thing I've never understood with automatic and semi-automatic rifles is what's the logic behind them being legal? Pistols I could understand for self-defence, shotguns for home invasion, hunting rifles for hunting, but what use is a machine gun other than for killing a lot of people quickly?
I think you answered your own question.

Just can't my head around how a country can be so fucking backward regarding guns.
Just so sad that once again it's children who are paying the price.
There's lots that i love about the US but their love for guns is absolutely mental

In practical terms, with no emotion-driven outrage/horror/grief, no matter what the authorities decide, a solution is as far away as ever. If rifle and ammunition sales were banned immediately, the mountain of existing kit already out there would not evaporate, gun crime would not stop or even abate. Until this is realised/admitted then more effective measures will not be sought by the those who are demanding immediate action, pointing this out is NOT backing the NRA/trump camp, in any way or intent, just an assessment of the situation. America is unique in many ways, where else in the modern world do ordinary folk fear being shot in public spaces ? and the reaction to it being to carry a means of self-defence. Nowhere else has a gun-lobby that can and does affect elections. Some solutions suggested, such as profiling the population from child-hood are abhorrent to most, open to mistakes and involve huge expense but may have to be considered eventually. One thing is certain, relying on "the market" to stop these atrocities is not the answer....

"The National Rifle Association (NRA) is expected to host its annual meeting as planned this weekend in Houston, days after the deadly school shooting in Uvalde that killed 19 children. It is expected to draw 55,000 people."

They couldn't give a flying fuck!
It gets better....

It's being reported that there will be strict prohibitions on carrying firearms at this convention and I know that has also been the case for at least one in the past. The inalienable right to bear arms unless it involves potential loss to us and ours, as for the rest of you, you can all fuck off and be slaughtered. The leadership of the NRA is evil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.