Togo back in acon

The Government will never lie to people... isn't it?

Now repeat after me:
Peace is War
Lie is Truth

big blueballs said:
surely city will have a massive say in this at the end of the day ade is a £25mill asset

good point despite the obvious humanity reason.

citymad said:
big blueballs said:
surely city will have a massive say in this at the end of the day ade is a £25mill asset

good point despite the obvious humanity reason.

yeah didn't mean for it to sound insensitive but it has to be taken into consideration from a business point of view i am sure as far as city are concerned

Aussie! said:
WTF JUST HAPPENED?

Anyways, i can guarentee you - Ade leaves rest of the team leaves.

However i always had the feeling they wouldnt quit- and using the deaths/injuries as a source of motivation

Sorry to say this but I think Ade understands that his high profile makes him the number one target. The rest of his tea mmates are pretty obscure by comparison. He is going to feel the most at risk. Without him, the entire team becomes a little less vulnerable. Their lives are every bit as valuable but even so, it is was it is.

Togo forward Thomas Dossevi told The Associated Press in a phone interview that the team plans to withdraw from the continent-wide tournament and fly out of the country early Sunday. He said Togo team representatives met with African Football Confederation (CAF) officials Saturday to discuss postponing the tournament, but that no such decision was made.

"We are disappointed by the CAF position, which is that the show must go on whatever happened," Dossevi said, adding that the team would have been willing to play in the tournament if it was postponed.

"Our wish is that the beginning of the competition will be delayed to let us bring our dead people home," he said.

He said he and his teammates had talked to players from other squads and that he thought more teams might pull out as well.

"I can guarantee you that if the CAF doesn't want to delay the start of the competition, there will be other teams that won't play," Dossevi said. "We are footballers, we like to play football, but there are other things that are more important."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=388344.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.universalsports.com/news/art ... 88344.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.