Tokyo 2020 Olympics/Paralympics

Don't mind The Olympics as there's always some sports that I have very little interest in which I'll start watching like archery or BMX racing however having zero Spector's this year will make it feel like warm up events and not the real thing

I used to really enjoy watching the Olympics at one time. Nowadays the commentators spend so much time telling us how hard the competitors have worked, all the sacrifice and how emotional draining it is for them. When after all they are running round in circles and chucking stuff about.

Do a 12 hour shift at our place, and you won't get a medal or a lucrative offer to advertise yoghurt.

I enjoyed it when London hosted it in 2012, but I'm not really an Olympics fan. With all the drug scandals and IOC corruption, it has lost its magic. The fact it will all be behind closed doors just puts a massive damper on the whole thing. I'll just watch the football and that's it.

I enjoyed it when London hosted it in 2012, but I'm not really an Olympics fan. With all the drug scandals and IOC corruption, it has lost its magic. The fact it will all be behind closed doors just puts a massive damper on the whole thing. I'll just watch the football and that's it.
I’m with you on this. Went to the London Olympics saw Female Boxing, Female Handball, Female Hockey and some Athletics heats. Bit of a theme with all the ladies events but beggars can’t be choosers. Loved every minute of it and the atmosphere for the athletics heats was electric especially for our lad in the discus.

No spectators is just not what the Olympics are about, puts a real damper on the whole event.

Love the olympics. Watching events I know nothing about and cheering like an idiot.
What I hate are the snobbish purists who follow these sports all year round and hate JCL's like myself like I have no right to cheer 'their' sport that I know nothing about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.