Tolerant or intolerant???

Mikeegrini

Team supported
City win UEFA lose, oh City....
In a modern and progressive society most people would describe themselves as tolerant.

Yet to be truly tolerant don't we have to accept another's points of view, actions, sexuality or creed?

A view which initially goes against our own ?

Mikecini said:
In a modern and progressive society most people would describe themselves as tolerant.

Yet to be truly tolerant don't we have to accept another's points of view, actions, sexuality or creed?

NO

Mikecini said:

I would argue that we should accept their right to hold their point of view,and express it,whilst ourselves having the right to disagree with it.

As Imran Khan once said,be very wary of islamic extremism they tolerate nobody,ffs in Iraq they executed barbers for clipping beards,INSANITY.

But on the flip side we had a crazy christian in charge of the freeworld GEPORGE BUSH insane,ive said before on here,i despiose lunatic leftys rightys,and extremist.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Mikecini said:

I would argue that we should accept their right to hold their point of view,and express it,whilst ourselves having the right to disagree with it.

Good response. In this case do we have the right to express our disagreement with their point of view?

Mikecini said:

Good response. In this case do we have the right to express our disagreement with their point of view?

Personally,I would say a definite yes.
The right to peaceful protest is one of the hallmarks of a civilized society - inevitably you will always find those who hijack such protests to suit their own agendas,but that,sadly,goes with the territory,and there are sufficient laws in place to deal with them,should they transgress the boundaries of what is acceptable behaviour,and commit public order or racially-motivated offences.

Mikecini said:

I don't think there is a truly tolerant position because otherwise there is total anarchy. Every society is a congregation of people with similar standards, morals etc that evolve over time so that the standards themselves change. Within that framework of what that society considers acceptable people can express their opinions and be "tolerated" by that society. Where it falls down is where differnt societies have different perceptions of what is acceptable (and therefore tolerated) and what is not

the problem with being tolerant is the the issue of globalization

the more people from different cultures and backgrounds mix, the more the tolerant line gets blurred

are we to accept ghetto's in our country? as this will happen and continue to do so. are we to accept the continued influx of immigration??

all questions that make the issue of being tolerant less about 'tolerance' and more about 'acceptance', whether we like it or not.

The most important thing is the respect of the laws.

After this, i think the world need more tollerance, everywhere.
Hate only creates hate, struggle of civilities will never have a winner.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.