Tom Hicks Exclusive Sky Sports

Great interview, seems like he had a genuine knowledge of football and how the sport and the fans work. Almost feel sorry for the guy, if true, it all came down to the affects of the credit crunch and employing a substandard Spanish waiter.

bluecityste said:
Great interview, seems like he had a genuine knowledge of football and how the sport and the fans work. Almost feel sorry for the guy, if true, it all came down to the affects of the credit crunch and employing a substandard Spanish waiter.

he's either been shit on from a great hight or he's a bloody good conman

its certainly not as clear cut as people on here seem to think, G&H created a parent company that owned the club,

that parent company got loans to buy at an interest certain interest rate and then got lfc to pay the parent company the loan payments at a much higher rate than the loans. Creating a system where the bank was not getting fully paid despite lfc paying more than the loans and interest! all that extra cash was going into the pockets of G&H. while they sat back and watched there "prized asset" go down the shitter.

After the first refinance the G gave his 50 share to the bank as collateral. creating that 50/50 split between t bank and G&H, also the lfc board negotiated with t bank that H couldn't replace the board without the banks say so.

So while this is in effect a repossession G&H have no one to blame but themselves!

they are the definition of dodge owners.

Lancashire Blue said:
Were him and Gillette the major shareholders? If so, how was the club sold without their consent? I don't understand this. If they didn't hole 51% of the shares between them I can't see how the club was sold.
Because the structure of the board was altered after refinancing which shifted power away from the major shareholders towards the bank.

grunge said:
they are the definition of dodge owners.

I have followed it a bit and both Hicks and Gillette seem like right dodgy bastards. Hicks himself has lost one of his teams in the USA after he defaulted on loans.

I think the main issue is that yanks dont know how much money you need to spend in football (or soccer) to make it work. They bought a club that needed major investment in a new stadium and also investment on the field. They also bought it at a bad time, both suffered huge setbacks in there other business ventures due to the global recession and a unsustainable business plan.

Thank fuck we did not end up with owners like them.

But we did the only difference he was a mass murderer as well.

Our fortune came when he was also a dependent/acquaintance of one of the richest blokes on the planet.

Felt sorry for Hicks after that. Victim playing dippers could turn Mother Teresa into the anti christ. He did the best he could and only a delusional scouser would deny Benitez was horrible in the transfer market. It'll be interesting to see how long before the new yank is subject to similar abuse and videos referring to his ownership as "rape of my entire family, over and over again"

I don't understand how any form of legal system can allow a board of people with no financial interest in a company to sell it without the consent of the people who own that company.

Until i do, i hope Hicks/Gillette take that Broughton guy to the cleaners, along with anyone else on the board and this Henry J Winter guy.

I won't fret too much in the mean time... "Built by Shanks, killed by Yanks" resurrected and openly celebrated with, erm, Yanks.

YCNMIU.

bluecityste said:

Agreed, it was a good interview - one he should have given a while back. He spoke really well, and it shows he does actually have some idea what he is talking about. I still cant actually see what his big crime was. The owner before them sold to H&G knowing full well how they were going to finance the deal. The methods they used to finance it were allowable and within the law.

Perhaps their biggest fault was sticking with Benitez for so long, but in that decision they were only agreeing with what most of the supporters wanted anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.