Tommy Caton

My take on Caton is that he is one of the few players of that City who could have easily fitted into this City side and who would have benefited from doing so. I think under Pep he would have been high level world class, but as often happens (look at Daley-Rodwell for example), if you are on the cusp of the national team and you make the wrong move it can not just set your career back, it can pretty much end it. Hindsight is 20-20 but of all the players who have left City around that era he is the one I would have said would have made it.

Always thought he went to the wrong club when he left for Arsenal, who had Adams and Keown coming through the youth ranks. Forest and the cult were also heavily interested at the time iirc
Longsight13. I think you’re right with Adams. I recall seeing a documentary on the emergence of the famous Arse offside kings back 4 and Adams was similar to Caton in that he was impossibly young and ready to play and impossible for Arse to ignore.
Any schoolkid coming through in those days had to be a proper hard bastard. I loved Caton and was really upset when he was sold.

great player, was around 15yr old at the time and a junior blue, saw knew fk all about football i just though city where the best because they where !

but what i did know was that tommy was an excellent defender

I've just seen a photo of Tommy on Facebook and he is with his brother,Paul Caton who is wearing a Saab sponsored City shirt and who also played for City apparently.
Well they do say that you learn something new every day.
RIP Tommy
Yes played for the youth team around 82 / 83 and I think he went to Burnley.
Got trained in physiotherapy and think he was the physio for Accrington Stanley (who are they?)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.