Tonight's Forecast....

The game probably could be played but what about the fans getting there.

The people in charge really are clueless as they had clear warning from the Met Office on the weather conditions for the North West and should really have called the game off at lunch time.

The Sunderland fans will be even more pissed off than we are and for good reason.

Only consolation is that we can get some of the crocks back fit and playing.

Gray said:
The game probably could be played but what about the fans getting there.

The people in charge really are clueless as they had clear warning from the Met Office on the weather conditions for the North West and should really have called the game off at lunch time.

The Sunderland fans will be even more pissed off than we are and for good reason.

Only consolation is that we can get some of the crocks back fit and playing.

This. It's a fucking joke.

mammutly said:
Disgraceful that they left it this late.
Absolute disgrace. Well pissed off!

Plus it's absolutely fine now.

I left work, got to the carpark, went to ASDA to get something to eat, walked back to the car and put the radio on to listen for updates. It was bad, but really not that bad. And now it's just a strong wind, nothing serious whatsoever.

But they've had all fucking day to call it off and they've known since the weekend that the weather was going to be bad today.

What about all the Blues who travel a long way and the Mackems coming down from up there?

They should have been onto the Met Office this morning and a decision should have been made then not at 18:30. Most people who will have decided to come to the game will have left by that time. And the rest will have made the decision not to go.

It doesn't matter if just 10000 or so fans turn up. The game just needs to go ahead if it can and it really could have. Right now the weather is just fine and as I say of bet by 18:30 everyone who will have been coming will have set off already.

Stoke just delayed their game. Why not do that? Give everyone the extra time to get into the ground?

When are we going to play this fucking game now?

Just don't understand this decision at all, at the time it was made.

What a joke just drove from Buxton got to Stockport came on talkshite it was off it could have been called off hours ago.
If I can't walk to ground how can I walk front car to my house help

Imo we might as well be back in the age of the dinosaurs! This due to not being capable of calling off a football match, giving the FANS plenty of advance warnings leading nicely into us NOT trusting our WEATHER experts! Total farce which I havn't been affected by the late call (only living 1/2 hour away from the Stadium). Just feel for all our/away fans which have been inconvenienced. Last but not least, thank you CITY for my txt @ 19.47 stating the game has been called off (2 mins INTO the game if kicked off on time!!!!!!!!!!!! Roll on Saturday.

Worksop Blue said:
In these glorious days of Health & Safety and litigation it would'nt surprise me if they postponed the game following the 11am Met Office weather update.... I seem to remember games being cancelled in the past when extreme winds have been forecast. No doubt if they do it will be at the last minute to fuck over any fans who have travelled some distance.

Well fuck me.... How did I guess this was going to happen?.... Oh yeh, 40 years of supporting Man City!... nice 4 hour round trip just completed... Dodging fallen trees on the Snake Pass a particular highlight!

waspish said:
Mcfc should of put it on there twitter feed as soon as they new the game was postponed!
Even the stewards didn't seem to know the game was off five minutes after Kompany had tweeted about it. What use was the club's text message at 7.28pm? I was then stuck at the station trying to work out how I was going to get home

At least watching the hapless scum and Arse in the Waldorf broke up my 5 hour round trip.

Thought Moyes was going to have a heart attack. He should lighten up. He is only working for a business - not a Club!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.