Tonights metor shower.

Watched the sky for about five minutes last night, 1am and saw lots of little ones flash by in the high sky. Was just about to give in and go back to bed, when a superb one shot past really close, I've never seen one so close as that before amazing.

Kirkstall Blue said:
Watched the sky for about five minutes last night, 1am and saw lots of little ones flash by in the high sky. Was just about to give in and go back to bed, when a superb one shot past really close, I've never seen one so close as that before amazing.

I saw two like that last night, it's just breath taking isn't it? I thought it was so inspiring that I woke the missus up and got her to come outside to see. It almost instantly clouded over, she saw nothing and more or less told me I was a **** for waking her up for nothing. To be fair, she's right, I am a bit of a ****.

Kirkstall Blue said:

Just how close are we talking here ???? Rooftop,telegraph pole,next doors greenhouse....

Tuearts right boot said:
Kirkstall Blue said:

Just how close are we talking here ???? Rooftop,telegraph pole,next doors greenhouse....

They were pretty close.

[bigimg]http://www.flixya.com/files-photo/B/h/e/Bhey-2438315.jpg[/bigimg]

Lancet Fluke said:
Tuearts right boot said:
Kirkstall Blue said:

They were pretty close.

[bigimg]http://www.flixya.com/files-photo/B/h/e/Bhey-2438315.jpg[/bigimg]

hahaha! Mind you I was talking to a bloke at about 1am ( I had to say hello because it looked like I was weighing his house up when I saw him having a cig in the doorway) and he said a few years ago one went past so close it made the paper as everyone saw it.

Just makes me think what that Russian meteorite was like mustve been incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.