Tonights sunset...

Stunning. Where's that?
Navarre beach in FL, a couple of minutes after sunset last night.

Handheld at f.63, 1/60th, ISO2500. I shot it in RAW, and it's been through Lightroom for basic adjustments (a minor tweak in exposure, shadows & highlights, black & white points, and a tiny tweak in saturation), and a little bit of de-noise. Apart from the de-noise, it's not far off the the camera's (Sony A7) neutral colour profile.

Navarre beach in FL, a couple of minutes after sunset last night.

Handheld at f.63, 1/60th, ISO2500. I shot it in RAW, and it's been through Lightroom for basic adjustments (a minor tweak in exposure, shadows & highlights, black & white points, and a tiny tweak in saturation), and a little bit of de-noise. Apart from the de-noise, it's not far off the the camera's (Sony A7) neutral colour profile.
You lost me after "last night".

:-(

He just said he cheated.
Nope.

I processed a RAW file. No different to having a jpeg profile set in camera, which is something iPhone and Andriod camera's do automatically. I removed a few tiny lens dust spots, but apart from that is as it would have been straight out of camera as a jpeg.

It's not really any different to processing a print from a negative. Some of the most famous analogue images were heavily dodged and burned, and had the contrast adjusted. Dust spots were removed using pigment and a paintbrush (I've done it myself when I used wet film).

Was that cheating?

This is one of the more famous examples of such.

1728868450666.jpeg

Here's a straight copy of the RAW file (in jpeg format so I can post it on here) in its original 6000x4000 size. The finished image is in 16:9 crop.

Sunset RAW copy-1.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.