Tony Adams takes over as Granada coach

As an English coach I want him to do well, but this is the most outlandish managerial appointment I have seen since Neville got the Valencia job.

Good luck to him.

I am being to cynical to immediately think of Mr Neville ?
The ex player turned pundit who had no management experience went to manage in Spain for his chairman friend and after only four months pocketed a few million when he was sacked.
Now I am not for one minute suggesting anything fishy where Mr Neville is concerned I am merely suggesting that Adams has a similar idea.

At least Adams has tried his hand at management before.

I'd be checking to make sure the Granada chairman doesn't have money on them losing every game and going down. Farcical appointment, the guy is clueless.

i hope he does well. its good to see an englishman going to another country and trying out another football culture.
Me too, he was a tough tackling, but mostly decent footballer. He had life issues like depression, and alcoholism, but he did something about them, to the point where he has probably helped many others overcome their own issues, and he seems to have overcome his.

Rather than assume the worst, I hope, we should all hope, that he does well, he was never a dislikeable fella to me. I'll leave that for people like Merson, and Collymore to name a couple.

A great read about him for those who are interested.

Me too, he was a tough tackling, but mostly decent footballer. He had life issues like depression, and alcoholism, but he did something about them, to the point where he has probably helped many others overcome their own issues, and he seems to have overcome his.

Rather than assume the worst, I hope, we should all hope, that he does well, he was never a dislikeable fella to me. I'll leave that for people like Merson, and Collymore to name a couple.

A great read about him for those who are interested.

yea he seems like a good guy, who as you say went through hard times. he was such a good player and for arsenal too. hes exactly what they are missing imo

he was such a good player
As central defenders go, one of the best, and by the sounds of it was as pissed as a Sunday league player at the same time.

I think how he's turned his life round is a great story, and then setting up something to help others in the same or similar plight.

As a coach, he has a lot to prove, but as a person I think he stands up pretty well, and that article (though a few years old) shows it.

Not sure about his dress sense however ;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.