Tony Coton was better than Eike Immell

blue_bird said:
I can confirm this story to be 100% true. TC himself read that thread and told me to tell Dyed Petya that he had it spot on (you may remember me messaging you, DP). At the end of the day, TC was forced out of this club by the powers that be - he never wanted to leave. He loves City (after his precious Birmingham City of course) and you will sometimes see him coming along to our games (a lot of people saw him when we played Bolton away last season).

By the way, if you're reading this TC, I've lost your number so can you drop me a text! :o)

Yes, thanks, I remember the PM - in part that was why I felt justified in digging back to find the old post. It does irk me that TC, who gave us good service and was totally shafted by the club, gets slated by fans who actually wouldn't have done any different if they were in his position.

I remember attending an evening with Paul Lake during his testimonial year.

Lake said generaly the same, that Coton had been forced out. Lakes words, not mine "I've never ever seen a player leave the club & in fairness join the biggest club in the world in such a depressed state" Lake was told to get to OT sharpish!!

Lake went on to say that Ball was apposed to anyone that would challenge his authority & as the fans loved him as well as the kids & all the players he had to go.

Lake also said this was the same with Flitcroft & Quinn who were also forced out on the cheap (Graned we got decent money for Flitcroft)

Decent spine we had then, Coton, Curle, Flitcroft & Quinn. Just an inept nasty vindictive manager!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.