Tony Pulis angry that 3, yes 3 Stoke players called up

scall1 said:
dannybcity said:
Seems a really really daft time to have internationals if you ask me.

don't forget all the different countries leagues start at different times. Spain doesn't start for a few weeks, and the Faroes league finishes in about 6 weeks.

Yeah fair point. I did think this but our game is a friendly, what's the point in that?

Stoke have more right to moan than the rest of us as they, along with all the clubs who haven't spent long in the premiership, are starting at an enormous financial/quality disadvantage.

However, I'd have thought Tony Pulis would have been campaigning for more internationals at stupid times. Surely he'd love to play Chelsea on the Saturday if there was an international break on the Friday! This is probably the one situation where Stoke have an advantage (especially against the mid table teams who have lots of internationals but not quality in depth to pick 11 fresh players come what may).

quiet_riot said:
International football should be banned.

Club >>>>> Country.

I agree to an extent, I think Friendlies should be banned, they are completely pointless.

All clubs should stop moaning about international call-ups, you'd think they'd only just started international football to read some of you on this thread. They're a fact of life so the manager and the fans should just get on with it. I wonder what Fergie, Hughes, Pulis and the rest would have made of losing their players for a league match because England were playing on the same day, as often happened in the late 60s and early 70s.

Oh come off it. 3 bloody players! Our entire first team is gone but apparently it effects Stoke more than us?

As long as Delap and Shawcross remain then their key tactic is still in place. Plenty more days for them to practice the Long throw before the big kick off.

lancs blue said:
All clubs should stop moaning about international call-ups, you'd think they'd only just started international football to read some of you on this thread. They're a fact of life so the manager and the fans should just get on with it. I wonder what Fergie, Hughes, Pulis and the rest would have made of losing their players for a league match because England were playing on the same day, as often happened in the late 60s and early 70s.

Fergie's players would have been injured. ;)

svennis pennis said:
Oh come off it. 3 bloody players! Our entire first team is gone but apparently it effects Stoke more than us?

As long as Delap and Shawcross remain then their key tactic is still in place. Plenty more days for them to practice the Long throw before the big kick off.
I suppose the Etherington cross to Beattie tactic is something a team as mighty as us wouldn't need to worry about. In fact, let's get Delap sent off and we would probably beat them with our eyes closed.

Your lack of respect is a concern.

Ghost in my house said:
svennis pennis said:

I suppose the Etherington cross to Beattie tactic is something a team as mighty as us wouldn't need to worry about. In fact, let's get Delap sent off and we would probably beat them with our eyes closed.

Be concerned all you want but this league would be better off without the pre historic throw backs that are Stoke City.

svennis pennis said:
Ghost in my house said:

Be concerned all you want but this league would be better off without the pre historic throw backs that are Stoke City.
Are you being ironic in a nouveau riche kind of way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.