Too Many Free Roles

We manage to weaken the team by putting too many flair players in it, but not only that this actually hampers the flair players as well, the toure,kdb,silva situation has been done to death for a long time now, we have to presume manual just doesn't see it, it's even a negative on Fernandinho

We have to wait till next season I'm afraid

the manager does not set the team up properly away from home, let the home team have the ball and play on counter attack.

To many passengers when we don't have the ball, especially away from home. Every team we come up against works harder than us. Pellegrini on the whole plays his best 11 players and not the best "team". As soon as i saw the lineup yesterday i knew we would struggle.

Play 3 proper midfielders, 2 wide men with pace who also help the fullbacks, win the midfield battle then the extra quality should tell. More often than not if you win the midfield you win the game. It astounds me he keeps persisting with the same set up.

As Ric said, it's all about ramming Yaya, Silva and De Bruyne into the same team and it just isn't going to work. We seem to be of the belief that we will be more attacking if we ram more attacking players in the team, but all it does is lose us control of the game and force attacking players to try and do jobs they can't do. Yaya cannot play in central midfield anymore, his defending is pathetic and he doesn't contribute a whole lot from an attacking perspective when he plays there either, while De Bruyne is not much of a winger either.

I think we'd look a far better side by just having one of those three playing as a number 10, then having two of Dinho/Delph/Fernando in behind him, with Navas and Sterling on the wings. We'd at least have a shape then and have people playing in their actual positions. At the moment it's just a mess.

Pelle"s philosophy is that the players should take responsibilities and use their intelligence . Right now we got teamful of thinkers and less doers.

I think the theory of 'free roles' is a good one - in that in can cause confusion amongst defenders who don't want to get dragged about man-marking, and so they don't know who is picking up who. We don't seem particularly great at causing that confusion in practice, though.

As Ric said, it's all about ramming Yaya, Silva and De Bruyne into the same team and it just isn't going to work. We seem to be of the belief that we will be more attacking if we ram more attacking players in the team, but all it does is lose us control of the game and force attacking players to try and do jobs they can't do. Yaya cannot play in central midfield anymore, his defending is pathetic and he doesn't contribute a whole lot from an attacking perspective when he plays there either, while De Bruyne is not much of a winger either.

I think we'd look a far better side by just having one of those three playing as a number 10, then having two of Dinho/Delph/Fernando in behind him, with Navas and Sterling on the wings. We'd at least have a shape then and have people playing in their actual positions. At the moment it's just a mess.
This is correct

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.