Too many players off form

bigalfromeccles

Sorry ,havent been on a while...but my observations and i havent read back, so i hope im not repeating you guys.
We have a lot of injuries and upsets (suspensions Rodri etc)..But we still field a side that on paper should have won one or two of the recent games. I will annoy some on here but i make no apology having watched and watched over and over the last 4 games. So im not just criticising for the sake of it. Silva ,Foden, and particularly Alvarez have been absolutely woeful..Harlaand is trying hard but with the players around him not contributing he is being left high and dry. You would think in 90 minutes one of those four(say last night) would have at least one peice of magic to turn things around but its dire.Silva and i know hes loved by everyone INCLUDING me has been shocking...credit to him for at least running around like a headless chicken, putting the effort in. But gee Alvarez i forget hes playing lately same with Foden...so with nothing up front Rodri missing in 4 out of 4 defeats it leaves the defence to hold out and unfortunately deflections and such means we havent...(Lewis played like a 17 yo last night that was caught in the headlights, makes you realise how really well hes done so far. However its great to see Stones back and with Rodri and Grealish back lets get a routine win at Luton and get back on track..We all know we will and we not far out of it.. Chelsea and Villa away and Spurs and Pool are 4 tough fixtures at least to get out of the way...Everyone else seems to have Sheff Utd etc..lately so no cause for panic but players returning and good win and we will be ok

Silva scores,Grealish scores Foden improves and we found a couple of pieces of magic to turn it around..Still at a loss with Alvarez...but definitely on the improve...everyone seemed to enjoy that win and thats great...not bothered what so ever about Wednesday..couldnt care less it is absolutely a no brainer for something like...Ortega,Lewis,Arkanji,Gvardiol, Gomez, Philipps,Neves,Kovacic,Bobb,Foden,Grealish...(something like..)

Collectively and individually we are struggling to go again. And with injuries in a small squad the options to freshen things up are limited. It was a hard fought win yesterday, no doubt. Whether that level of performance would have beaten stronger sides i am not sure. Hopefully the Saudi trip, representing a total break of routine and a change from the shit weather, might do them all good.

I was underwhelmed by and large with the summer arrivals. Someone spectacular could help raise standards and increase competition for places. A Haaland or Grealish. Aguero back in the day.

Only down to fine margins. Mis-kick by a milimetre and it goes a hard wide or a yard over. Goalkeepers who save their MotS for our fixture. How many goals yesterday would Onana have conceded. The Luton goalkeeper is top of the league for saves, I gather! Even world class players when yer haven't won for three or four games can 'snatch' at a chance that they have a history of clinically netting!

The problem Peps got is having to play these players out of form because injuries have taken there toll on this squad already. The squad is looking threadbare at the moment and in my opinion we're desperate for a few new bodies. Not any bodies, bodies that'll make the squad stronger, but we know its hard in Jan transfer window and they'll come at a premium.

Don't fully understand the narrative building about Alvarez. His goals and assists are pretty decent, and there's stretches of games, especially when Doku isn't playing, that looks like he has a spark to make something out of nothing.

Don't think any of the blame for the last four games comes to our forward line, except in the abstract of balance and control. You score four against Chelsea and three against Spurs then they've done their job and need to keep the ball out of the net.

We've dropped points in the last 15 against too many of our rivals by letting in silly goals.

The problem is we have reached such heights over the last few years and the expectation is we continue to do so but the reality is, it's very difficult, we are going to be there or there abouts come the end of the season, the PL is not static teams get better some get worse and th eludercruse idea that there is a ready supply of available players that we can just pick of the shelf needs to be knocked on the head

Hopefully they can play their way back into form in the next few weeks. If there was a team of the season chosen now we'd have 1 player in it, Haaland and he's below his standards of last season also.

I keep hearing/reading about certain teams players being ‘tired’ because they are playing twice a week. I’ve never once heard them saying this about our team.
Our lads are not super human, although they are THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD (sorry my keyboard does caps for that on its own!), they are just great players who won us the Treble last year and are fighting for it again this season. Plus for the three seasons and more before it.
It’s only natural that they might be a bit off form, in my humble opinion. :-)
So personally I’m cutting them a bit of slack. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.