Top 10 premier league players of all time

All depends on how you’re categorising top 10 of all time. For example shearer gets in every top 10 greats for scoring far more than anybody else and rightly so. Now whilst he was a very very good striker, there’s been more talented ones that don’t have the same kind of stats. Then there’s somebody like Ronaldo, he only had 2 world class seasons in the premier league, the bulk of his phenomenal career was at Real Madrid. An all time great undoubtedly but a premier league great?

I’m going for players who were widely regarded as one of the very best in their position whilst playing in the premier league. in no order

David silva
Kompany
Schmeichel
Ashley Cole
Yaya Toure
Drogba
Henry
Vieira
Bergkamp
Aguero

There’s a fair few I’ve missed off that should be on there. Lampard and Gerrard spring to mind and really should be on it, particularly Lampard, as does carvalho who I firmly believe was better than Terry. Cech is another and many others maybe even a rag or two but I planned to name the first 10 players and stick with it and those were the first 10 that came to mind. All of them were regarded as one of the best in their position and did it for numerous seasons in the premier league.

People honestly not believing that Gerrard wasn't a truly world class midfielder? He was exceptional. An incredible footballer.

Rather than a list of ten, I have picked a team of all the talents. Not necessarily balanced, but could play a bit.

Czech
Kompany, Rio, Terry.
Vieira, Keane.
KdB, Lampard, Scholes.
Bergkamp, Shearer.

Sorry about the rags!

Yeah the papers just cream over Gerrard. He is extremely overrated. Yes he was good, possibly world class but I felt he was massively overhyped because of his association with those cretins. KDB is twice the player he is. By the time he retires, I am sure he will be in the top 3 PL players of all time.

Ridiculous post.

1. Thierry Henry - Best foreign player to play in the PL
2. Alan Shearer - Record goalscorer
3. Sergio Aguero - Next best foreign player to play in the PL, history may decide he was better that Henry
4. Paul Scholes - Ginger pig, hated him, class player though
5. Ryan Giggs - Won it the most, cant not include, twat of a man
6. David Silva - The magician
7. Patrick Vieira - I've grouped Keane and Vieira together, but put Vieira above Keane as I'm petty
8. Roy Keane - as above
9. Cristiano Ronaldo - This hurts :(
10. Wayne Rooney - also this hurts :(

I expect a few "rag" messages, I so wanted to put Kompany in ahead of Rooney, but can you really make a case for a CB ahead of the record goalscorer for the team that's won it the most? I would love too but I dont think I can.

Now I know he is utter scum for a human being and thats why people leave him out, but I am gob smacked people gave left Giggs out. It is as if his longevity goes against him.
He was a truly frightening left winger and easily the best in the world during his first 10 years. He did it against everyone. Once his final ball improved in his early 20's, he was deadly.
People putting Hazard in the teams must never have seen Giggs play in his pomp as he was nowhere near as good.
For me, Giggs is the best winger thats ever played in the premier league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.