Top 6 next season.............?

Luke The Blue

Mark Hughes and the Owners think we can finish top 6 next season... but what makes us special next season from this season?

So surely we must be planning something big for summer if we want to be top 6 next season?

what are your views? and do you think we can be top 6 next season?

I think if we spend well we can definatley get it. I reckon our main threats will be Spurs and Villa. Everton haven't got alot of money and I think they might fall behind if their rivals spend.

Luke The Blue said:
Mark Hughes and the Owners think we can finish top 6 next season... but what makes us special next season from this season?

So surely we must be planning something big for summer if we want to be top 6 next season?

I personally think we had the potential to be top 6 this year. So next year without European football (all the extra games) even if we didnt make any significant additions to the squad i honestly think we can make top 6.

Luke The Blue said:

We planned something big in the January transfer window.

They have got to learn by the mistakes made then.

Challenger1978 said:
Luke The Blue said:

I personally think we had the potential to be top 6 this year. So next year without European football (all the extra games) even if we didnt make any significant additions to the squad i honestly think we can make top 6.

I agree. I don't think we were too far away from Top 6 this season. Perhaps a player or two short (especially in midfield and up forward), but apart from that we are not far away. Our defence is a concern, and we need to tighten that up significantly, but while we may finish 10th or whatever, I don't think we were in fact far away this season. Its not like it will be a gigantic leap to go from where we are to 6th. The gigantic leap will be going from top 6 to top 4 and doing it on a regular basis.

I can't see a push into the top 6 right now, we are 10th on merit and although 4 places don't seem a lot look at the start Tottenham gave us and they are still going to finish above us, and we can only afford 1 of the "other" clubs above us, unless someone implodes.

Get rid of the rubbish and those who cause trouble in the ranks and then bring in at least 6 quality players in the right positions and we will be there.

mcs said:
Challenger1978 said:
Luke The Blue said:

I agree. I don't think we were too far away from Top 6 this season. Perhaps a player or two short (especially in midfield and up forward), but apart from that we are not far away. Our defence is a concern, and we need to tighten that up significantly, but while we may finish 10th or whatever, I don't think we were in fact far away this season. Its not like it will be a gigantic leap to go from where we are to 6th. The gigantic leap will be going from top 6 to top 4 and doing it on a regular basis.

so apart from the defence, midfield and up front were okay, good job we have a good goalkeeper then

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Get rid of the rubbish and those who cause trouble in the ranks and then bring in at least 6 quality players in the right positions and we will be there.
Sadly getting rid of the rubbish as you put it isn't always as easy as that, you have to find someone to take it(I'm sure Mills would have gone 3 years ago if it not for that). The same goes for the players that cause trouble in the ranks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.