Top players who didn't last long term

gio's side step said:
Who are the players you saw at City on a shorter term basis who really impressed, but didn't stay long term (say longer than a season). Perhaps they were of immense quality, or were merely on loan, but still had a touch of class about them.

Couple that spring to mind immediately for me are

Van Buyton - 5 games

Gaudino - 20 games

Oldfield - 26 games (just because he scored 2 in the 89 derby)

Beardsley - 5 games (still had a touch of class)

Rocastle - 21 games

Any others?

I thought Riera did a good job tbh..Jensen too..ooh that screamer :)

Ishmael Miller and Bradley Wright-Phillips would be Premier League level if they'd stayed around long enough. Geovanni was brilliant, and always added something to the attack when he came on. But it's a shame he never really managed to break into the team. Martin Petrov was excellent. An out and out winger who always wanted the ball. His best moment was definitely the run and cross to Mpenza to put us 2-1 up against Newcastle. Corluka (wow, another Sven signing) always looked to be improving, and now he's struggling to get in Spuds' team. Garrido was always decent. He was excellent at free-kicks, but just lacked pace. Elano was another one who I'd have liked to have stayed for maybe just a bit longer. I always thought he was excellent, it's a shame he didn't give a shit when the cold winter came. And that was the same reason I ended up despising this man:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=820d4qkBd-k[/youtube]

This could have been a match made in heaven. When he scored against Chelsea, I thought that was the beginning of a title winning season. However, it wasn't to be. Despite the cash injections, he just didn't settle, and after one winter, you knew he wasn't going to adapt. The lad had skill, pace and flair, something that would bring in the money, titles, everything we'd dreamed of. Turned out to be a massive waste of money.

Colin hendrey should never have been sold. He'd have been the perfect partner for Keith curle but for some reason Reid didn't fancy him. Steve lomas and Garry flitcroft also should have been here longer. I'd even throw in Paul warhurst.

Whilst Dennis law came back, he had his best years after we sold him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.