Top Tier at Wembley atmosphere?

I've been to Wembley twice and I think it depends that your in. I've still got the tickets but it only says what entrance it's not what stand. If any of you know then feel free to tell me. The first time I went for the semi final against United I found the acoustics terrible in our end with the exception of just after half time most of the the game it was just seven different blocks singing different songs. Often you couldn't hear or make out what the next block was singing. We still outsung United inside and outside of the ground. For the FA cup final I was in the top tier again this time a row from the back, but on the opposite side. The acoustics were much better we easily outsung Chelsea fans who were pathetic. This side of the stadium seemed to have much better acoutics than the other. On both occasions our whole end was bouncing the upper tier just as much as anywhere else. I found the top tier was just as loud. From hearing other fans stories the lower tier behind the goal was where all the songs started but everybody joins in. But both times our fans were excellent i'm sure City fans will be the same. Apologies baout being able to tell you what side of the stadium I was in but it just doesn't tell you on your ticket whether it's the west or eastside of the ground.

I'll be in the top tier with a blanket and a cup of bovril...if any of you Poznan lunatics spill my drink or block my view I swear I'll lob my zimmer at you.Bloody kids.

;)

standupefc said:
I've been to Wembley twice and I think it depends that your in. I've still got the tickets but it only says what entrance it's not what stand. If any of you know then feel free to tell me. The first time I went for the semi final against United I found the acoustics terrible in our end with the exception of just after half time most of the the game it was just seven different blocks singing different songs. Often you couldn't hear or make out what the next block was singing. We still outsung United inside and outside of the ground. For the FA cup final I was in the top tier again this time a row from the back, but on the opposite side. The acoustics were much better we easily outsung Chelsea fans who were pathetic. This side of the stadium seemed to have much better acoutics than the other. On both occasions our whole end was bouncing the upper tier just as much as anywhere else. I found the top tier was just as loud. From hearing other fans stories the lower tier behind the goal was where all the songs started but everybody joins in. But both times our fans were excellent i'm sure City fans will be the same. Apologies baout being able to tell you what side of the stadium I was in but it just doesn't tell you on your ticket whether it's the west or eastside of the ground.

If you know what block you were in, you can tell what side off this:

5cdppl.pngg

In the last 12 months I've been a couple of times, the first image is from block 523 row 29, about two thirds the way up level 5. The noise is still good up here and it isn't particuarly steep. A long walk down though.

24052010839.jpg

The second image is from block 136 row 44, the very last row in level one and the steel roof above that you can see is in easy reach to thump away on!

11082010136.jpg

This is just to the left of where the band play at internationals.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.