Tories have lost the vote of the young generation.

This is what I mean.

You can't move for new housing developments around our way, seriously. Anyone would think we hadn't built a new home in years. As I say, we've got 150 new council houses going up (some built already) in my little village alone and they are planning on 300 a year locally. And they are really lovely, btw.

As an aside, you should see the cars parked the drives. Brand new 4x4's, tidy family cars all over the place. Council houses.

And people go on about what a terrible country we live in and these evil Tories. Beirut, it is not.

The cars will be on leases - the finance that is now worrying the BoE - when the mortgage rate goes up in the new year the repo men will be doing lots of overtime as they will opt to keep up on the mortgage and keep the roof over their heads and let the car go back.

Because Labour don't support the working poor now which is the point, did it escape your attention that the vitriol aimed at the conservatives (This thread is one example) is evident everywhere? When we talk about political ethics it's justifiable to talk about political parties, and one party that was formed to protect the poor is in fact supporting the already haves and protecting their interests.

That may be true in the thread depending on the opinion of the reader, but that particular post posed to you didn't mention any political party.

The cars will be on leases - the finance that is now worrying the BoE - when the mortgage rate goes up in the new year the repo men will be doing lots of overtime as they will opt to keep up on the mortgage and keep the roof over their heads and let the car go back.
I'm sure that's right, it's just the demographic getting council houses seems to be quite up market.

By the way, your 150 home developments are nothing. We have 1,000+ home developments going on all over the place. Seriously many of them. I genuinely have no clue where the people to fill these developments are going to come from. It's beyond potty. Off the top of my head,

Harry Stoke - 1,200 new homes
Stoke Gifford - 2,000 "
Lyde Green - 3,250 "
Coalpit Heath - 1,500 "
Stoke Park - 1,200 "
Charlton Hayes - 2,200 "

These are ALL within 3 or 4 miles of my house! The roads are gridlocked as it is.

I'm sure that's right, it's just the demographic getting council houses seems to be quite up market.

By the way, your 150 home developments are nothing. We have 1,000+ home developments going on all over the place. Seriously many of them. I genuinely have no clue where the people to fill these developments are going to come from. It's beyond potty. Off the top of my head,

Harry Stoke - 1,200 new homes
Stoke Gifford - 2,000 "
Lyde Green - 3,250 "
Coalpit Heath - 1,500 "
Stoke Park - 1,200 "
Charlton Hayes - 2,200 "

These are ALL within 3 or 4 miles of my house! The roads are gridlocked as it is.

yeah but its about 1000 new properties in a town where when I moved here 21 years ago I could throw a ball from one end to the other. The view from the end of my street is gone there are access issues ( you wouldn't believe how they have put 3 access roads - two on blind bends and one just over the brow of a hump backed bridge ) but what can I do? If my kids want to live and work here - buy them a tent?

There is no easy answer to any of the problems raised on this thread. All I can say about it is that if we expect politicians to use their wisdom and the gift of foresight, we would be waiting for evermore. One example of this is the crisis building up in the energy sector where we have the country running on near to full capacity of electricity production. It is widely accepted that our power stations are ageing and that newer and more efficient replacements are urgently required, but the problem is that these developments are both expensive and time consuming to introduce. Getting a popular, cheap, clean and efficient source of fuel to power up the generators isn't easy. The arguments over nuclear and wind power have lasted for ages, and the problem of getting planning permission for whatever type of power station facility is selected is fraught with difficulty. Very few are likely to welcome a nuclear facility on their doorsteps where there might have been grazing cattle before. Even if plans were to go ahead, it would be expensive to taxpayers and the results of their monetary sacrifices would not justify it for decades. Politicians of all parties know this and will not actively press for developments of this nature as there are no votes to win here, only to lose, and so the arguments will shift to insignificant tittle tattle such as whether a PM should suck a toffee or not when making a speech.

The Tories are, and always have been, obsessed with staying in power. They aren't interested in anything else really. This time they didn't factor in the fact that younger people WILL vote if it looks like something worth voting for.

The Tories are, and always have been, obsessed with staying in power. They aren't interested in anything else really. This time they didn't factor in the fact that younger people WILL vote if it looks like something worth voting for.
They’ll vote for the party promising things they really can’t deliver... the kids don’t have the benefit of past experience to understand that the party offering these things will fuck up the country even further as a result of buying power

Fucking Corbinistas.. My lads are in Cuba at the minute... Jezzer would go down a storm there.. they will follow anybody who wears a green hat and wears a red flag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.