Torrent Help?

Lucky13 said:
allan harper said:
It is mate, all open trackers are slower than private trackers. I have a few mates who use to upload on pirate bay and once I showed them the speeds you get on private trackers they stop using pirate bay. Last night for the first time in about 5 years I downloaded a film off pirate bay it took 1 hour to down load a 1.4 gb film which had 10,000 seeders and about 3,000 leechers my average speed was about 300-400 mb. To down load the same size file on a private tracker usually takes about 10 minutes ! With only about 5 seeders and I always hit my top download speed of 1000mb. Why pay top money to your Internet provider each month then waste it using slow open trackers and never reach the full capacity speeds that you pay good money for.

How do you get private trackers?

the best download speed i get is 1.3mb , which still gets me a film in 10-15mins.
I've noticed that you use demonoid that's a private tracker although some torrents on that site have an open gate way, you'll notice on some of there torrents it links you up with pirate bay and mininova sites etc so it's not fully priavate. good site all same.

allan harper said:
Lucky13 said:
How do you get private trackers?

the best download speed i get is 1.3mb , which still gets me a film in 10-15mins.
Just type in private trackers into google they should come up with a list of them, I use bitsoup all the time although that site you have to seed back what you take so everybody gets a fair share. You have to keep your ratio to 1.2 or above that way they can track that everyone is seeding back fairly. Also on private trackers you'll get a load of up loaders using seedboxes which even if their is only 1 seeder you still get maximum download speeds.

My Demonoid ratio is 1.6 so wont be a problem. Thanks.

allan harper said:
Challenger1978 said:
Hmm ive been using the piratebay for 5 or 6 years and its no worse than any other torrent website.
It is mate, all open trackers are slower than private trackers. I have a few mates who use to upload on pirate bay and once I showed them the speeds you get on private trackers they stop using pirate bay. Last night for the first time in about 5 years I downloaded a film off pirate bay it took 1 hour to down load a 1.4 gb film which had 10,000 seeders and about 3,000 leechers my average speed was about 300-400 mb. To down load the same size file on a private tracker usually takes about 10 minutes ! With only about 5 seeders and I always hit my top download speed of 1000mb. Why pay top money to your Internet provider each month then waste it using slow open trackers and never reach the full capacity speeds that you pay good money for.

This is could end up like a Mac (private tracker) v PC (public tracker) debate. A private tracker is better in some ways (faster) BUT it is hamstrung by the fact that you have a much smaller selection of files to choose from. While public trackers have near enough everything you could ever want on them to download. They are limited by speed though as they don't normally have a seed box connected to the torrent.

Allan i suppose its all a matter of preference and what you're planning on doing. I've no interest in uploading as that will get the Internet police knocking on your door suing you. So i prefer to hide in the crowd on public torrent sites and get stuff at a slower speed. As the speed doesn't bother me as i do multiple things at once with my net anyway and sometimes limit bittorrent.

BTW to the guy that thinks peerguardian2 will save you i can assure you it wont. The Internet police in the UK is your I.S.P. and peerguardian cant block your ISP from seeing what you're doing. Only thing you can do on that front is make sure you are not with an ISP that is up the arses of the copyright agencies like Virgin or BT.

Challenger1978 said:
allan harper said:

This is could end up like a Mac (private tracker) v PC (public tracker) debate. A private tracker is better in some ways (faster) BUT it is hamstrung by the fact that you have a much smaller selection of files to choose from. While public trackers have near enough everything you could ever want on them to download. They are limited by speed though as they don't normally have a seed box connected to the torrent.

Allan i suppose its all a matter of preference and what you're planning on doing. I've no interest in uploading as that will get the Internet police knocking on your door suing you. So i prefer to hide in the crowd on public torrent sites and get stuff at a slower speed. As the speed doesn't bother me as i do multiple things at once with my net anyway and sometimes limit bittorrent.

BTW to the guy that thinks peerguardian2 will save you i can assure you it wont. The Internet police in the UK is your I.S.P. and peerguardian cant block your ISP from seeing what you're doing. Only thing you can do on that front is make sure you are not with an ISP that is up the arses of the copyright agencies like Virgin or BT.
Your spot on with what you say as I've had to in the past use open trackers for films that have been out for years. Private trackers great for latest films and music. But for films that have been out for a while you'll only ever find on open trackers. You are correct on peer guardian to, waste of time if you ask me.

Found this usefull guide and thought i would post it here to help people who don't already, encrypt torrent traffic in their client.

The list of ISP’s that limit BitTorrent traffic, or plan to do so is growing every day.

Are you not sure if your traffic is being throttled Check the list of bad ISP’s.

But there is a solution. Encrypting your torrents will prevent throttling ISP’s from shaping your traffic. I will explain how to enable encryption in Azureus, uTorrent, and Bitcomet, the three most popular torrent clients.

What does encryption Do?

The RC4 encryption obfuscates not only the header but the entire stream. This means that it’s very hard for your ISP to detect that the traffic you are generating comes from BitTorrent.

Note that RC4 uses more CPU time than the plain encryption or no encryption. It is however harder to identify for traffic shaping devices

How can I do this?

This is different for all clients; check the setting for your favourite client below.

Azureus:

1. Go to: Tools > Options > Connection > Transport Encryption

2. Check the ‘require encrypted transport’ box.

3. Choose RC4 in the ‘minimum encryption’ dropdown box

note that RC4 uses more CPU time than the plain encryption or no encryption. It is however harder to identify for traffic shaping devices
4. You can choose to tick the ‘Allow non-encrypted outgoing connections if encrypted connection attempt fails’ box. This will ensure compatibility with clients that are not using encryption. However, it makes it easier for your ISP to detect BitTorrent traffic. I recommend that you try to tick this box first. If you are still not getting proper speeds untick it

5. Tick the ‘Allow non-encrypted incoming connections’ box

That’s it, your BitTorrent traffic is encrypted now.

BitComet

1. Go to: Options > Preferences > Advanced > Connection

2. Go to: ‘Protocol encryption’ You can choose between ‘auto detect’ and ‘always’. Auto detect will give you more connections but offers less protection against traffic shapers.

I would recommend to try auto detect first, if that doesn’t increase your speeds you need to switch to always

That’s it, your BitTorrent traffic is encrypted now.

uTorrent

1. Go to: Options > Preferences > BitTorrent

2. Go to ‘Protocol encryption’, you can choose between ‘enabled’ and ‘forced’. ‘Enabled’ will give you more connections but offers less protection against traffic shapers.

I would recommend to try ‘enabled’ first, if that doesn’t increase your speeds you need to swich to ‘forced’.

3. Ticking ‘Allow legacy incoming connections’ allows non ecrypted clients to connect to you. This improves compatibility between clients but makes you more vulnerable to traffic shapers.

I would recommend to tick this box, but if that doesn’t increase your speeds, untick it!

Plus i never said peerguardian would block tinternet police!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.