Torres

I think Torres is suffering from 2 years on non stop football only punctuated by injuries, given lenghty off season and decent pre-season I see him coming back stronger next season.......possibly in tandem with Sturridge

johnmc said:
pee dubya said:
It's one way to look at it, but that's ignoring the other potential options. Maybe if they'd waited until the Summer for Carroll they could have got him for half the price (they've done ok without him so far, and their season is a bit of a write off anyway), they could have swapped Torres and Babel for Suarez, Carroll plus more. I think by splurging so quickly they've missed the opportunity to overhaul their midfield (it needs it) using the Torres money as well.

Fair point - but whos to say Carroll would have been cheaper in the summer?
Just a guess, i don't think many people would argue that his fee was inflated though, it was a last minute January deal, the selling club is in the position of strength there. They had no reason to sell (especially with no time to get a replacement in) unless the fee offered was ridiculous, which it was.

i think most decent defenders have figured out he doesnt have a left foot so constantly show him on that side and hes not found a way to get past it yet

I said on the day of the deal that Liverpool had got the best out of it.

Suarez is very under-rated, while Carroll is the biggest handful in the Premiership... whereas Torres has seen his best days already...

It's a bit like us looking at Kaka and Ibrahimovic... don't!

Currently Suarez alone looks better than Torres, add Carroll and it is great trade. Of course Chelsea also got good singing in Torres, if he stays injury free, gets his form back and shows interest, and they will get most money back from shirt sales, not bad deal either.

km09 said:
We Just Know Torres is gona score Against City Just Know it
I don't know that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.