totally underwhelmed

samharris said:
GStar said:
Interesting... i hope it eventually begins to work.

I'm a bit worried if he is copying his Inter tactics, Italian league football will hardly transfer successfully into PL football.

And the current European champions are ?? ;)

Why not bring a different style to the prem ? Prem teams are used to prem style football so sommat a bit different could give us an edge..

True :)

But a European Cup competiton is vastly different from a domestic League competition. You won't find the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke etc playing European football.

If i'm honest i hope you're right... but then on the other hand, there must be a reason the teams in our league play like they do.

I understand what you are sying here, if hart hadnt had an outstanding game it would have been 3-0 agian or worse. But on the other hand its only one game in and you dont want to lose your first game especially against your direct competitor

GStar said:
samharris said:
And the current European champions are ?? ;)

Why not bring a different style to the prem ? Prem teams are used to prem style football so sommat a bit different could give us an edge..

True :)

But a European Cup competiton is vastly different from a domestic League competition. You won't find the likes of Blackburn, Bolton, Stoke etc playing European football.

If i'm honest i hope you're right... but then on the other hand, there must be a reason the teams in our league play like they do.

I've a question for you : get Barcelona and Inter milan , you know there anrent two so different (opposite) style of football and way of play a game , right ? well , if barca and inter were playing in PL do you think they would not be challenging?

Killer Clunge said:
I understand what you are sying here, if hart hadnt had an outstanding game it would have been 3-0 agian or worse. But on the other hand its only one game in and you dont want to lose your first game especially against your direct competitor

Hart was in goalto save shots and this he did. The majority of shots were from distance simply because Spurs could not break down our defence. We were no more at risk or threatened during that game than you would have expected against a CL qualifying team away from homeon the first game of the season.

Lets give the lads and the manager some credit... PLEASE!!!!! and enjoy the point.

Mancio said:
I've a question for you : get Barcelona and Inter milan , you know there anrent two so different (opposite) style of football and way of play a game , right ? well , if barca and inter were playing in PL do you think they would not be challenging?

Its a question with no answer... but the question i'd put back to you would be; If Barca and Inter were in the PL, do you not think they'd adapt there style to the league?

GStar said:
Mancio said:

Its a question with no answer... but the question i'd put back to you would be; If Barca and Inter were in the PL, do you not think they'd adapt there style to the league?

why should they do it ?

mate , football is played by players , champions , every style is good if in your team you have a lot of champions. and every style is shit if you have to play the likes of SWP and micah......

GStar said:
Interesting... i hope it eventually begins to work.

I'm a bit worried if he is copying his Inter tactics, Italian league football will hardly transfer successfully into PL football.
Ancelotti and Chelsea?

GStar said:
You're extremely naivie if you think teams like Barca and Inter wouldn't need to adapt a single element of their style of a mud soaked 'pitch' on a Monday night in Wigan.

if you watch serie A in winter you can see how pitches are generally a lot worst than the PL ones mate ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.