Tottenham - EFL Cup Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
P.S. I think there’s no reason NOT to play a FULL STRENGTH TEAM in this game. If players can’t play 2 big games in a few days with whats at stake, then there’s something up. Some of them can have a rest next weekend again at Palace, before the 2nd leg!
They’ve all had many rests all season long (apart from Dias!).

This is what all that rotation was for... so the main men are fresh for the run-in.

yep, should be good enough, Cancello and Sterling need to regain some form and where better to do so.

Bernardo must feel a bit aggrieved as he's been playing well, but hopefully he starts in the Champs League.

Sure Kev is fit or we wouldn't risk him, we have enough to rest him further.
I am sure Bernardo will come on today for Kev, probably on 60 minutes and they will both start in Paris. This is as strong a team as Pep could have played today. He hoodwinked them in the Press Conference. A win today provides momentum for PSG and Pep knows this.

Since most of the players today will also play against PSG. I reckon the big rotation will come against Palace. Hope people are okay with that. :)

I disagree, just my opinion but I don't devalue any competiton.

The perez comment was about devaluing trophies and competitons not squad rotation so your come back is incorrect to my assertion.

we have rotated 7-8 players the last two weekend and failed miserably

Steffan deserves a place and stones is out so enforced changes, bar that mayve rest rodri and walker who ran their bollocks off on wednesday most of the rest are young players and should be able to handle the run in of 10 games

You have no Interest in the league cup final in comparrision to a champs league semi, fine, I value it highly and want to win in at all cost.

Each to their own.
Well I did say (albeit after a good drink) that I didn't care about the League Cup and that we should rest players who need a rest. I did not say play a weakened team.

I stand by those thoughts.

I'll be watching and the excitement is building for me with kick off close now. Of course I want us to win.
That doesn't change my worries about players fitness.

You don't devalue any competition you say.
Well yes I suppose I do feel the League Cup is lacking in value.
That competition began as a money spinner too, like the proposed ESL (and that is one competition we all feel has no merit) - i.e. The League Cup provided extra games with a mind to future league restructuring measures. I don't feel those extra games are now wanted.

I think a game played every 3 days is hurting clubs and hurting players careers. That's my opinion.

Honestly, how many times have you watched a match in recent times with dread every time say Kevin goes down? I could pick some example matches if you wish where I'd rather he had been rested. I feel the same today - simply because I want us as fresh as possible for a good performance in Paris on Wednesday.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.