Tottenham Pre Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Form and past results mena jack. I think we're going to put on a show. I can feel it. Maybe, Crouch to score an o.g. to cancel Robbie Kea... Macken winner?
I think we'll test the keeper at least.

Hopefully they won't score 3 dubious goals like they did earlier in the season.

I'm still in shock how Walker wasn't flagged offside for the equaliser!

Think this will be a season changer for us in a positve way. They seem to think it's a showdown, I am more inclined to think it's more of a lesson time moment with City coming all out and opening them up. We all know that City never do it the way we think they will and this is no exception. Getting written off all over the place it seems, time for the real Man City to stand up.

Quite liked Spurs on the whole after meeting their Norwegian (I think) fan at theirs once who travelled to every game during the season after saving up the whole of off season. That said, having just had a look at one of their forums to gauge their view it seems their knobhead quota far outreaches ours.

Especially with their

"SPURS VS ARAB STATE MARKETING VEHICLE FORMERLY KNOWN AS MAN CITY" thread.

It isn't bollocks any more than your post is.

You're choosing to compare the teams over a 10 week period, in so doing, completely ignoring the period immediately before that where we were considerably better than Spurs (as you say, 8 pts better). Before we played Spurs you probably thought we were the 'form' team because of what had gone previously. They then deservedly beat us at their place.

You can't compare teams over such a short period and any assessment of improvement is probably wide of the mark, based on too few results and fuelled by media bollocks. Fact is, we're 25 games in and they're 1 point in front of us. That's the only stat that matters.

I've no doubt that you, pavel and the other doom mongers on here think you're right but the implied probabilities are City 45 % chance of winning, Spurs 27%. That doesn't mean you're wrong but it means you're probably wrong.

I'm no doom monger. I hope we see the City from the first 5 games, the City when the chips are down, turn up on Sunday and remind everyone that we have the best side in the league. My worry is that we aren't playing well, we face a team that plays a style we struggle with and we're beset with injuries. We should be capable on beating Spurs playing well but we have to find form this weekend to do so.

No one is saying that Spurs are some all conquering Barca like team. They are however a young team that is really starting to gel. They've only twice finished top 4 but now they're in the title shake up. They have a good defence, a solid set up and some good players in form.

Maybe the pressure will get to them, this is new territory for them. In order to do that we have apply pressure, play well, become difficult to beat, no soft goals and start grinding wins playing badly as well as really hurting teams when we're on top.

We can't afford to give away soft goals in the opening minutes as we did against Leicester. No one knows what might have happened had that game stayed scoreless. Would Leicester start getting nervous? What we do know is they got a cheap easy start and settled well into the game.

We really can't afford to give Spurs an early goal to settle them. If we do it will be another long 90 mins on Sunday.

Ok if karma is for real ,than this is the one. I want 3 offside goals,1 pk and 1 red card to them as a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.