Spurs’ new stadium

You think £45 is cheap? Remember that this is £45 for the cheapest seats, where no one really wants to sit - seats that are quarter of a mile away from the pitch.*

Besides, ticket prices are merely a supplemental point. The main issue is simply that Wembley is a soulless and soul destroying place to watch football on a regular basis. Fans are refusing to go any more. They were promised something else; something much better. They were happy to pay a premium for it. Now they are being asked to pay the same premium for the inferior stadium experience that they tolerated last season. It's little wonder that they are consequently picking and choosing. Once Spurs move into the new stadium, demand for tickets will return to normal levels.

* Ahem - possibly a slight exaggeration but, if you've sat towards the top of the third tier at Wembley, you know what I mean!
Having seen the house prices in watford on Tuesday night on our walk up to the ground assume you lot must be on £50 an hour in mcdonalds :+)

So, I take it that nobody is any the wiser as to when the first game will actually be played there?
And I see that the agency employing all the sparkys seems to have been unable to pay them due to financial difficulties.
Hardly seems a well managed operation.
The agency are no doubt getting a handsome premium on top of the reported £360 per day (12 hour shift). Again, poor management / decision making?
There must be a Spurs fan comes on here who has an inkling...
Huge job handled by a bunch of amateurs - pretty ridiculous that it was not stipulated that various vital alarm systems (which may be linked) were installed by one contractor.
All the mucking about will end up costing Levy & co, not only in monetary terms on this but in their other business interests. " can I trust them to deliver on time with the promised goods or service?" Sorry, on the present debacle - NO!

Well done to the Spurs fans who attended. All very raggish criticising other clubs for empty seats and surprising as were the first to moan when its chucked at us.
Isn't that the point, we get red pens, no one else does?
Personally I don't care how many they get but this is another media inconsistency; something I thought you were quite well versed in.

Isn't that the point, we get red pens, no one else does?
Personally I don't care how many they get but this is another media inconsistency; something I thought you were quite well versed in.

It has been constantly referenced on talksport all morning and received loads of coverage.

If the point is about the media, and their hypocrisy, why are people calling a spurs fan out about empty seats? Nothing to do with the media or the discussion would be in the media not the Tottenham thread.

You cannot have it both ways.

Last edited:
So, I take it that nobody is any the wiser as to when the first game will actually be played there?
And I see that the agency employing all the sparkys seems to have been unable to pay them due to financial difficulties.
Hardly seems a well managed operation.
The agency are no doubt getting a handsome premium on top of the reported £360 per day (12 hour shift). Again, poor management / decision making?
There must be a Spurs fan comes on here who has an inkling...
Huge job handled by a bunch of amateurs - pretty ridiculous that it was not stipulated that various vital alarm systems (which may be linked) were installed by one contractor.
All the mucking about will end up costing Levy & co, not only in monetary terms on this but in their other business interests. " can I trust them to deliver on time with the promised goods or service?" Sorry, on the present debacle - NO!

Spurs have announced that there will be a 'fan familiarisation' event scheduled for 16th of this month. 6,000 fans can attend. Two further test events, each with bigger capacities, are rumoured to be scheduled for the end of this month and for early January. So it is still possible that the first competitive game at the new stadium will be against Man Utd on 13th January. If not then, then soon after.

As to the issue with electricians not being paid, it has nothing to do with Spurs. Electricians working on other jobs for the same company have also not been paid. And it's interesting that you refer to those "handling" the stadium project as a "bunch of amateurs". The people in question are MACE - one of the biggest and most highly regarded construction companies in the UK.

Finally, regarding the late completion of the stadium, it seems that you are not very familiar with large construction projects. It is not at all unusual for them to complete late. Quite the opposite, in fact. So these other "business interests" that you refer to - whoever or whatever they may be - are unlikely to be remotely concerned by the late delivery of this stadium.

You think £45 is cheap? Remember that this is £45 for the cheapest seats, where no one really wants to sit - seats that are quarter of a mile away from the pitch.*

Besides, ticket prices are merely a supplemental point. The main issue is simply that Wembley is a soulless and soul destroying place to watch football on a regular basis. Fans are refusing to go any more. They were promised something else; something much better. They were happy to pay a premium for it. Now they are being asked to pay the same premium for the inferior stadium experience that they tolerated last season. It's little wonder that they are consequently picking and choosing. Once Spurs move into the new stadium, demand for tickets will return to normal levels.

* Ahem - possibly a slight exaggeration but, if you've sat towards the top of the third tier at Wembley, you know what I mean!
Perhaps you will understand now why we have some empty seats at the Etihad against lesser teams. The tickets are generally priced all over the ground between £50 and £65 excluding the semi corporate seats which are around £90. Consider wages in the Greater Manchester area are far lower than London you will get the picture. We are getting pilloried over FFP but we could never match Arsenal or the Spuds match day revenue purely down to the London weighting

It has been constantly referenced on talksport all morning and received loads of coverage.

If the point is about the media, and their hypocrisy, why are people calling a spurs fan out about empty seats? Nothing to do with the media are it would be in the media not the Tottenham thread.

You cannot have it both ways.
People started with pointing out the lack of media criticism ; I accept it descended into calling out the fans which I agree is hypocritical.
If you think the level of scrutiny Spurs get is equivalent to ourselves then you are letting your fair mindedness cloud your judgement. People want consistency and objectivity from the media; not bias that displays peoples agendas

Never understood the crowd attendance competition. Why give a fuck about how many supporters attended a football match?
No-one really used to bother thirty years ago when attendances were much lower. It’s mainly fans who don’t go to games who engage in it, especially united and Liverpool fans. Insane really when you think about it in those terms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.