Tottenham Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigJoe#1

Cannot believe this thread does not already exist so if it does please merge.

I was wondering about Tottenham's acquisition of Richarlison (sp), does anyone else think this is a strange transaction?

I mean you have Kane and Son, possibly one of the best strike partnerships out there and to the best of my understanding Richarlison is an out and out striker, where are they going to play him?

Seems strange to me, unless there are plans afoot to offload Kane.

In addition he does have a reputation of being a bit of a hot head and petulant, not something Conte is willing to accept?

Anyone else have any thoughts?

They're building a very good squad. Richarlison is an excellent signing for them. He can play with Kane and Son or instead of one or the other of them which is what you need in a squad that has CL football and all the other demands. Kulusevski and Bentancur were very good signings in Jan and improved Spurs considerably. They've added Bissouma and Perisic and are linked with Lenglet now as well.

That is a squad that could challenge for the title if eveything goes for them. They'll be competitive next season for sure with Conte in charge. Very much the third best team in the league on paper now. When you look at Arsenal's moves in the window, Spurs are doing much better business and were already better. Chelsea will make moves now Lukaku is done and it feels as though the top 4 from last season will remain that way for the coming campaign.

Richarlison usually played on the right with calvert lewin as the main striker.
Son Kane Richarlison
Is the answer. Pretty strong. Throw in the fact there’s five subs, they’re building nicely to box off top four.

60m fee agreed with big nose from Everton.

Tottenham are slowly putting themselves under pressure here with all these signings.

You don't spend this much and accept top 4, if they aren't pushing the leaders from the off it'll implode.

Is the answer. Pretty strong. Throw in the fact there’s five subs, they’re building nicely to box off top four.
Five subs makes a big difference to squad players’ involvement. If losing, change half the team!
Hope Pep makes full use of subs this year when we are cruising. Philips, Palmer, McAtee, Alvarez can all be involved regularly.

60m fee agreed with big nose from Everton.

Tottenham are slowly putting themselves under pressure here with all these signings.

You don't spend this much and accept top 4, if they aren't pushing the leaders from the off it'll implode.
Have they changed their policy from cheapskate to go for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.