Toure brothers back next week?

MaineRoadBlue said:
alib said:
my fear us if they win it they will spend a couple of weeks after the tournament finishes celebrating with open top parades , receptions etc back in the Ivory Coast

In which case they won't be back til the end of Feb?

This ACN is a complete joke. Empty stadiums, Mickey Mouse teams and crap football to boot!

Added to that is the fact that we lost 3 players to the Ivory Coast on January 1st yet they never kicked a bloody ball in South Africa until 22 January!

Adebayor, who played for Togo in the same tournament, was still playing for Spurs on 12th January!

Just how the f*ck can Ivory Coast call up the players nearly 2 weeks in advance of other nations and we have to accept it. People on here seem to think then that it is also acceptable to have a post tournament tour lasting 2 weeks if they bloody win it!

This tournament last year robbed us of Yaya for the United cup tie and in effect cost us the game. Couple that with this year's potential 8 week absence at the hardest part of the season and you can see why I am so bloody annoyed about this footballing farce.

7 weeks last year, potentially 8 weeks this year, last years FA Cup and potentially this year's title challenge as it was Yaya who scored the winner at QPR last year! Just how can you put a price on that! And incidentally, I bet for that 15 weeks both Kolo and Yaya have been receiving salaries which amount to around £4m whilst never pulling on a City shirt

I'm sure the club's management was well aware of all these facts when we bought Kolo and YaYa.

We used to slag off Fat Sam when he moaned about losing players to ACoN, so it would be double standards for us to moan about it now.

And I haven't seen much evidence of us missing the Tourés; we haven't lost or even conceded while they've been absent (yet).

Admittedly, YaYa might have made a difference against QPR, but all in all we haven't done too badly while they've been away.

MaineRoadBlue said:
alib said:
my fear us if they win it they will spend a couple of weeks after the tournament finishes celebrating with open top parades , receptions etc back in the Ivory Coast

In which case they won't be back til the end of Feb?

This ACN is a complete joke. Empty stadiums, Mickey Mouse teams and crap football to boot!

Added to that is the fact that we lost 3 players to the Ivory Coast on January 1st yet they never kicked a bloody ball in South Africa until 22 January!

Adebayor, who played for Togo in the same tournament, was still playing for Spurs on 12th January!

Just how the f*ck can Ivory Coast call up the players nearly 2 weeks in advance of other nations and we have to accept it. People on here seem to think then that it is also acceptable to have a post tournament tour lasting 2 weeks if they bloody win it!

This tournament last year robbed us of Yaya for the United cup tie and in effect cost us the game. Couple that with this year's potential 8 week absence at the hardest part of the season and you can see why I am so bloody annoyed about this footballing farce.

7 weeks last year, potentially 8 weeks this year, last years FA Cup and potentially this year's title challenge as it was Yaya who scored the winner at QPR last year! Just how can you put a price on that! And incidentally, I bet for that 15 weeks both Kolo and Yaya have been receiving salaries which amount to around £4m whilst never pulling on a City shirt

We have to accept it as its covered by FIFA rules unfortunately.

It's up to each nation when they call up their players.

baildon blue said:
Looking forward to the return of the Toure brothers.This could be the last time these two play for City again in the next 3 months.

-- Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:33 am --

Marvin said:
Q/F tomorrow v Nigeria

Semis on Weds. Final next Sunday (3rd place play off Sat)

Southampton playing some great football at the moment, arguably the best in the league at the moment. No Kompany too so we could do with the Toures back
Been a bit dramatic about Southampton.Calm down Marvin.
How many teams go to Old Trafford and outplay Utd? And they followed that up with a good performance at Wigan. They certainly are playing some great football at the moment with Lambert and Gaston Ramirez particularly impressive.

Wait and see

Is there any news yet on when the Toures will be back in Manchester? Are they likely to be available for Southampton?

Ric said:
Is there any news yet on when the Toures will be back in Manchester? Are they likely to be available for Southampton?

I'm pretty sure they will. Yaya came back to Porto game last year after less time and after heartbreaking penalty defeat in final.

It's international middle week now, they'll have few days to rest and come back.

GX Blue said:
Ric said:

Anyone????

Lad at work said they back in training tomorrow not sure how he noes because i can’t find anything on them apart from what Mancini said

Mancini said: “I am sorry for Yaya and Kolo but I hope they come back very angry and they can play well for us.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.