Tracking kids abroad

HolisticJim

Hello,

Has anyone every tracked their kids abroad. Mines 11 and looking at booking a holiday.
Always a bit worried as I'm a single parent and you hear about kids being grabbed etc.

I thought about buying her a smart watch but the better ones are expensive and essentially require a sim to work without a phone - concerned that once you get abroad they might not work on a foreign network or get issues with credit and phone tariffs etc.

Then considered one of those Samsung tags but a) anyone who grabbed her could take it off her and b) they require someone with a samsung product and their Bluetooth being turned on.

Theres loads of kids tracker watches/wrist bands which all seem to work fine in the UK but again... As soon as you are abroad I can't find any which guarantee they will work.

Just looking for some advice.

Cheers

The percentages of children stolen are that small I wouldn't bother, the state of this country you'd have more reason to worry if she went out with her friends here IMO.

Have a great holiday though mate.

Calm the fuck down mate and stop watching taken. More chance of your child being struck by lightning and I doubt you are going to fit them with a lightning conductor.
Sorry if that serms harsh - I do get it as a parent myself, but keep things in perspective or you'll go mad.

The percentages of children stolen are that small I wouldn't bother, the state of this country you'd have more reason to worry if she went out with her friends here IMO.

Have a great holiday though mate.

Calm the fuck down mate and stop watching taken. More chance of your child being struck by lightning and I doubt you are going to fit them with a lightning conductor.
Sorry if that serms harsh - I do get it as a parent myself, but keep things in perspective or you'll go mad.
You're both right but even mooching in the shops and around a market, it's easy to turn around and she's gone looking somewhere and then you shit yourself.

Happens in a supermarket so even more nervy abroad.

Even around the pool of an evening, running around with the other kids and you at least want to know where they are.

To be able to pick up my phone and realise that she's just gone into another shop or something seems.... Less heart attack inducing

You're both right but even mooching in the shops and around a market, it's easy to turn around and she's gone looking somewhere and then you shit yourself.

Happens in a supermarket so even more nervy abroad.

Even around the pool of an evening, running around with the other kids and you at least want to know where they are.

To be able to pick up my phone and realise that she's just gone into another shop or something seems.... Less heart attack inducing
Your child, your choice. First thing my mum warned me of when I became a dad was that I'd never be free of worry again. Very true, but you have to keep things in proportion or you will give yourself MH issues and your child will see what you mean as love as controlling behaviour and rebel as kids always have. If they are on holiday with decent people in a decent country then I think you may have to let go a little and expect the best instead of fear the worst. Best of luck.

Hello,

Has anyone every tracked their kids abroad. Mines 11 and looking at booking a holiday.
Always a bit worried as I'm a single parent and you hear about kids being grabbed etc.

I thought about buying her a smart watch but the better ones are expensive and essentially require a sim to work without a phone - concerned that once you get abroad they might not work on a foreign network or get issues with credit and phone tariffs etc.

Then considered one of those Samsung tags but a) anyone who grabbed her could take it off her and b) they require someone with a samsung product and their Bluetooth being turned on.

Theres loads of kids tracker watches/wrist bands which all seem to work fine in the UK but again... As soon as you are abroad I can't find any which guarantee they will work.

Just looking for some advice.

Cheers

11? Presuming with her mum rather than alone? P.S I'm not the snatcher.

If she has a phone life360 is a useful app and tracks where they are. We installed it for when my son started high school and has started playing out a lot more. Nothing sinister, just lets me see where he is if i need to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.