Trade plate driving

bluestew666

Enquiring as to wether any fellow blues have done or know anybody who has done trade plate driving. Got chance of new job starting next week. But after looking up the company and job description, there is very much mixed reviews about it, both the job and company itself. Been out of work since October and this is the 1st offer since then, so just tempted to take it and worry about the negative stuff later. Any help/advice gratefully received.

What is it you mean by trade plate driving.trade plates are only for if you don't have road tax.

Same question asked on yahoo, here is the best reply...

" Your question already holds the answer. When you stated -

"i am used to working out doors and driving all around the country for hardly any money as i was a door to door salesman and worked long hours every day in the cold sometimes for no money at all"

That is what trade plate driving is all about, with a poor wage of around £6.50 pr hour for a set number of hours (usually too few) regardless of how long you may be out on the road. It can be a dreadful job in the winter, trying to get lifts from drivers that are weary of strangers thumbing on the side of the road nowadays. (Most trade plate vehicle deliveries are one way transfers!). In my opinion, you would be far better off looking for a van driving job in the meantime, which will also give you experience of customer relations, route planning, paperwork etc.

Source:
Ex trade plater turned van driver (and happier)."

Sounds shit to me tbh op.

Try euro car parts Stockport they are just in bredbury I'm pretty sure they are after drivers.phone no 0161 406 4452 that is Steve's but ask for Dave he's the manager

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.