Traditionally 'Blue' Pubs

I thought there'd be loads, there don't seem to be that many. Most of that being down to not everyone reading this thread to post them on, however.

Personally I don't know of any that on none match days, if someone walked in with a Red AON sponsored shirt on, they'd get a bit of jip off the regulars and the bar staff. I know a few that welcome Blues on match days and watch the odd away games in them around Timperley, Wythenshawe and Altrincham (The Gardeners, Broadheath Central and The Railway nearby, The Quarry Bank, The Eagle, The Bay Malton). But that doesn't make them Blue Pubs. If you go in any on a none matchday they don't have City gear on the walls, nor the City-tattoo'd seasoncard holding bar man, nor the City shirt wearing regulars.

Not that they have United gear on the walls nor are they full of Rags. All pubs are shit these days. They're always empty, dead expensive and have no character!

The Shakespeare at the top of Market Street and The Cheshire Cheese in Gee Cross, Hyde<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:53 pm --<br /><br />El Rincon is a big blue haunt. A lot of the staff go there after the games as well

kippax6713 said:
The Angel in gorton is a blue pub.The Vulcan up the road 50 / 50, has photos of both teams inside.
And a filthy red flag hanging outside!

As for town

The Shakey is run by a Blue
Mac's is always safe ground
The Ath is turning into a eaterie ( never Liked it much tbh )
As someone has already said there aren't defined "Blue" pubs we just mass in certain one's.

Why they have them i can only imagine them have secured the one's closest to there hotels every fortnight.

barney10 said:
kippax6713 said:
The Angel in gorton is a blue pub.The Vulcan up the road 50 / 50, has photos of both teams inside.

And a filthy red flag hanging outside!

As for town

The Shakey is run by a Blue
Mac's is always safe ground
The Ath is turning into a eaterie ( never Liked it much tbh )
As someone has already said there aren't defined "Blue" pubs we just mass in certain one's.

Why they have them i can only imagine them have secured the one's closest to there hotels every fortnight.

Yeah was gutted when I went past the Monkey the other day,a relative had it about 20 years ago

the willow tavern in failsworth is a big blue pub will be going in later to watch sunderland game its always packed out when were playing away

Shakespeare might be run by a blue but any pub where all the staff change their names to granny shagging bin dipping **** by deed poll isn't exactly blue now is it

A city center pub will not declare itself to be Blue or red and risk alienating half its customers.
Outside of town,if City are on, a pub will be mostly blues,if the shite are on,mostly reds,although the pubs showing the shite games will be probably be fuller because i dont know many reds who actually go.

Mothball said:
Ye Golden Lion in Blackley Village used to be a big blue pub,and as mentioned already Britania top road in Swinton.Mr Gowers mine host a big blue
Indeed , I'll be in the brit later for the game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.