TRafford Libraries

pluto

New library resource available-
Through this new library service you can now access digital copies of The Manchester Guardian, The Guardian and The Observer free of charge from any library in Trafford or if you are a member of the libraries in Trafford you can gain access using your library borrower number at home.
see http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?RQT=301&UserId=IPAuto&Passwd=IPAuto&AUID=386014
enter your library borrower number barcode (found on back of your card)
Just found this on city :May 22, 1907 balance sheet issued to Shareholders , we made loss on season of £154 on a turnover of £15,332. The gate receipts amounted to £11,895 as compared with £9,525 in 1905 . Season tickets realised £927 as against £1,196 in 1905

If you are into History either family or sporting or just flicking through newspapers this will be of interest
Thanks to urmston.net for heads up
see http://www.urmston.net/forum/forum_detail.asp?ForumTitle=Glancing back A to Z

Brilliant work mate, our libraries are still much maligned despite the unrivalled facilities they offer absolutely free.

Can't remember who it was who said the other day that they 'wouldn't be seen dead in a library'. As a librarian I obviously have a vested interest in their continued patronage, but I genuinely find a statement like that pretty saddening. All public libraries are free to join and will save you a bomb on papers, magazines, books, music and internet and in most areas Adult Education courses.

We don't do much stamping and shushing these days and are often very highly trained in specific subject areas like ICT, Literacy, Maths, Music and in my case Genealogy and Local History. It's a brilliant job and I love it- helping folk trace their relatives and caring for priceless artifacts is a top way to spend your day.

Wish I could post attachments on this site
have been reading about the first ever match at Maine road, the biggest attendance versus stoke won 1-0 "boring match" , directors complaining about players expenses - too much on train fares , adverts for staff , adverts to sell off old ground including slipper baths.
Its a different world , the PFA should sit all players today down and give them a history lesson on how it used to be

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.