Training Today 16th February

ha this is rubbish but if you fancy autographs .
dunne n de jong are gonna be at coms shop tomoro have a feeling there will be more as well them
btw its 13:45

Conor

ha this is rubbish but if you fancy autographs .
dunne n de jong are gonna be at coms shop tomoro have a feeling there will be more as well them
btw its 13:45

Conor

Neil McNab's Tash said:
Hiya Guys Training today was very subdued.......
Compare to Mourinho's training method below, you, as a regular observer at our training ground, what do you think about our training session under Hughes? (Just want to know your point of view, it could be anything, nothing right or wrong here.) 8-)

Mourinho uses a series of 36 drills which go from training individual technique to right the way up to whole system, he does this in a specific sequence and trains possession intensly especially possesion in the opponents half, this is a method from his days under van gaal(another of my role models). For his training to work he demands a minimum of two pitches side by side.

He works like this:

1-defence>>>>>>>transition to attack>>>>>>>>attack

2-attack>>>>>>>>transition to defence>>>>>>>defence

The next step after the above basic foundation is to condition the box system into the team where he will use a coloured box for certain tactical situations. Its the box colours that are the little bits of paper he gives out.

The final step is to have the team recognise when to change the formation and system midmatch by them self, at this point players can seen to counter attacking problems before most can see them. It is at this point that he says that the team knows all that he does.

Mourinho uses guided discovery to educate his players, during the season he tweaks his 36 games so that the factors to be discovered are based on the weakness of the opponent on a tactical and technical level. He will produce dossiers and dvds of opponents which players memorise. He will have three team talks before playing the game.

He times the above steps to work with the cycle of success, this is about 3 to 5 seasons with his team peaking during this period.

If mourinho thinks any players need improving seperatly he will do individual technique work to mould the player, hence the rapid improvement of joe cole during the first season.

His approach to ball use is based on temperising the opponents midfield(this was used to great effect by the romanian national team in the 80s) and resting on the ball. Temperisation works by holding the ball in midfield to move opponents out of position and then attacking the remaining space, he does this to brake the lines which are apparent in each system. Dragging players out of the lines unbalances the play and creates an attacking chance. Resting on the ball is possesion for the sake of it as mourinho demands intense offensive pressing high up the pitch which is physically demanding, so his players keep the ball to rest while opponent chases.

Mourinho states that the psychological factors are the most important and puts the team above anything else, he likes his players to play with controlled agression and confidence.

His appraoch to youth is simple he uses a small sided games with high touches based on the dutch system but working isolated parts of his tactical system, his condition before any player is promoted to the first team is that they master the colour box and have been through the 36 drills at least once, otherwise no promotion.

His leadership is charismatic and he uses an attitude of invincibility which seems to rub onto the players, he focuses the media on him in order to remove the attention from the team and in some cases create a negative view to the team before big games which he then uses as a tool to motivate the players.

Mourinho believe in control and his coaching methods focus only on what is in his direct control. He places the romoval of complacency as a high priority, he keeps concentration in his players high by reinforcing that his opponents are not stupid and can potentially have the same methods producing a need to concentrate

In terms of weakness of the opponents he will practice taking advantage of the individual player factors first such as hieght of players or weak foot.

His first act is to issue a letter the team which reads:

"from here on every aspect of your life will be geared to winning the title, whether it social or work based. I do not believe in the word first team, I need all of you and you need each other.We are a TEAM, MOTIVATION+AMBITION+TEAM+SPIRIT=SUCCESS

His weekly schedule goes like this:

monday=defending
tuesday=transition to attack and attacking
wednesday=attacking and transition to defence
Thursday=defence and transition from defence to attack
Friday=set peice play

Source: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109265&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109265&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40</a>

bluethai said:
Neil McNab's Tash said:
Hiya Guys Training today was very subdued.......
Compare to Mourinho's training method below, you, as a regular observer at our training ground, what do you think about our training session under Hughes? (Just want to know your point of view, it could be anything, nothing right or wrong here.) 8-)

Mourinho uses a series of 36 drills which go from training individual technique to right the way up to whole system, he does this in a specific sequence and trains possession intensly especially possesion in the opponents half, this is a method from his days under van gaal(another of my role models). For his training to work he demands a minimum of two pitches side by side.

He works like this:

1-defence>>>>>>>transition to attack>>>>>>>>attack

2-attack>>>>>>>>transition to defence>>>>>>>defence

The next step after the above basic foundation is to condition the box system into the team where he will use a coloured box for certain tactical situations. Its the box colours that are the little bits of paper he gives out.

The final step is to have the team recognise when to change the formation and system midmatch by them self, at this point players can seen to counter attacking problems before most can see them. It is at this point that he says that the team knows all that he does.

Mourinho uses guided discovery to educate his players, during the season he tweaks his 36 games so that the factors to be discovered are based on the weakness of the opponent on a tactical and technical level. He will produce dossiers and dvds of opponents which players memorise. He will have three team talks before playing the game.

He times the above steps to work with the cycle of success, this is about 3 to 5 seasons with his team peaking during this period.

If mourinho thinks any players need improving seperatly he will do individual technique work to mould the player, hence the rapid improvement of joe cole during the first season.

His approach to ball use is based on temperising the opponents midfield(this was used to great effect by the romanian national team in the 80s) and resting on the ball. Temperisation works by holding the ball in midfield to move opponents out of position and then attacking the remaining space, he does this to brake the lines which are apparent in each system. Dragging players out of the lines unbalances the play and creates an attacking chance. Resting on the ball is possesion for the sake of it as mourinho demands intense offensive pressing high up the pitch which is physically demanding, so his players keep the ball to rest while opponent chases.

Mourinho states that the psychological factors are the most important and puts the team above anything else, he likes his players to play with controlled agression and confidence.

His appraoch to youth is simple he uses a small sided games with high touches based on the dutch system but working isolated parts of his tactical system, his condition before any player is promoted to the first team is that they master the colour box and have been through the 36 drills at least once, otherwise no promotion.

His leadership is charismatic and he uses an attitude of invincibility which seems to rub onto the players, he focuses the media on him in order to remove the attention from the team and in some cases create a negative view to the team before big games which he then uses as a tool to motivate the players.

Mourinho believe in control and his coaching methods focus only on what is in his direct control. He places the romoval of complacency as a high priority, he keeps concentration in his players high by reinforcing that his opponents are not stupid and can potentially have the same methods producing a need to concentrate

In terms of weakness of the opponents he will practice taking advantage of the individual player factors first such as hieght of players or weak foot.

His first act is to issue a letter the team which reads:

"from here on every aspect of your life will be geared to winning the title, whether it social or work based. I do not believe in the word first team, I need all of you and you need each other.We are a TEAM, MOTIVATION+AMBITION+TEAM+SPIRIT=SUCCESS

His weekly schedule goes like this:

monday=defending
tuesday=transition to attack and attacking
wednesday=attacking and transition to defence
Thursday=defence and transition from defence to attack
Friday=set peice play

Source: <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109265&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=109265&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40</a>

Nice one Neil... Glad you're still getting down there. Don't think I'm going to make it down again until holidays as back full-time now...

As for the Special One's regime, I really don't see how any club could adhere to that with midweek games etc...? That schedule looks fantastic in theory but in reality..? I'm not so sure.

1.618034 said:
bluethai said:

Nice one Neil... Glad you're still getting down there. Don't think I'm going to make it down again until holidays as back full-time now...

As for the Special One's regime, I really don't see how any club could adhere to that with midweek games etc...? That schedule looks fantastic in theory but in reality..? I'm not so sure.

His teams results and performances suggest that he does get the work done.

OB1 said:
1.618034 said:
bluethai said:

His teams results and performances suggest that he does get the work done.

I don't doubt for a minute that Mourinho's a class act and does indeed get the job done better than almost anyone. But my point was whether that published schedule is workable when in seasons like this one, we've already had 12 midweek games, not including international breaks out of the 23 weeks of the season, is realistic...?

That's all!

For the record, I would have Jose at City in a heart beat so he can at least try... (Bear, woods etc...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.