Training today courtesy of DH

Rammyblues

Training Friday 20/12
Unread postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:29 pm

2 days in a row so I must be getting fitter.I was there early and no signs of players but I knew they would be out as Brandon and Ally (kit men and ball boys extraordinaire ) were out practicing their ball skills.What can I say but a lot more practice needed. And today I saw the first pap looking for something juicy but he didn't hang around long enough for them to come out.

The first player I saw was Olivier Ntcham running on his own and later he was being worked hard by 2 physios. Also later was Albert Rusnak doing some running so he must have had an injury I didn't know about. The first team finally came out with the injured players again for the Pellegrini briefing which was more normal in length today.Then onto some circuits of the pitch for a group of just 16 and 3 keepers off to do their warm ups.None of the "kids " from yesterday but Guidetti and Boyata still in the group.

Lots of stretches as you would expect before keep ball circles and then into a passing game.From what I could see and hear from a distance the target was to complete 10 passes against a strong pressing opposition and the losers doing 10 press ups.After this they acme to the goal nearest me to do some work on free kicks from all the sorts of angles and both sides of the pitch.Inswingers and outswingers in what was quite a tricky and strong wind.

To add to the defence a couple of the coaches were thrown in and one covering the near post decided the ball was travelling a bit fast so ducked out of it. Joe's reaction and words,and the team's generally, were really funny but for me not repeatable.He recovered somewhat on two others which he headed away but I think his head was hurting afterwards.Best free kick taker had to be David Silva.Then onto direct free kicks and not many successful ones either with one from Samir being a superb exception.

No game at the end of the session today but a few penalties to finish with from Yaya ,Aleks and Demechelis.Mostly very good but Joe took great delight when finally stopping one from Yaya.A nice session today for me to enjoy but nothing too fierce so now it's off to London hopefully for 3 points.

Have a great Christmas everybody and lets hope its 9 points from the 3 festive games.
Douglas Higginbottom

Thanks DH.

Any word on Jovetic? On his thread it seems he had another injury and had to leave training? Hopefully just a rumour...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.