Training today

Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm

The Royal wedding or training at Carrington.Carrington it was on another nice day and when I arrived there were already a lot of fans looking around and hoping they would be training in the open as they did yesterday.That included quite a Spanish contingent but they were all to be disappointed as it was all behind closed doors today.

The same group out as yesterday minus MJ but plus Ryan McGivern who missed Thursday after the EDS game on Wednesday.Plenty of careful warm up stuff followed by a couple of keep ball circles to get the fun going.Everyone in good spirits.The keepers were at least out in the open so at least many fans got some close up action with Shay,Stu,Joe and Lorius all working hard.Part of the fun there was right at the start where they didn't have enough balls and Lorius was sent to the main group to get a load more.He was sent packing with just a few but Massimo got what he wanted in the end.

Mancini then took over and got a team out on the pitch , added 3 EDS players to provide token opposition and then started work on some passing and attacking plays. Moving the ball quickly and being able to change the play quickly seemed the order of the day.It wasnt a long session and he did change the personnel a few times before ending that bit and moving onto a 10 a side game to finish off with again.

Not quite the intensity of yesterday I didn't think but there again I was best part of 200 yards away from the action.I did see Dzeko pop a few in although 2 at least were gifted to him by poor defending.Right place ,right time and well taken.One or two knocks taken but nothing at all serious.

Just 3 stayed back for some shooting practice which involved free kicks with a mannequin wall to get past/over.No surprise that Kolarov,Milner and Mario were the 3 doing this as they are regulars for extra shooting work.

Role on West Ham

Appreciate these training reports a lot !!!

One general question regarding Edin though. Does anybody know if Edin is doing any kind of speed/running/reflex training in addition to the regular trainings with the teammates ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.