Trains to Wembley

mcfc49

Went to get train ticket for Wembley tonight and although I was able to get an open return was unable to get a seat on any of the trains going or coming back on the Sunday. The trains are very few and far between one an hour from 8.20. Does anyone know if there would be any chance of virgin putting on any more trains they are going to be absolutely rammed. When they get to Stockport I can't imagine there will be any room at all.

Are you getting on at at Stockport because there are 14 trains from Piccadilly that get into London before 3pm after 8am start.

They only allow so many seats to be booked. If in doubt head up to first class, plonk yourself in a seat and pay the £15 to upgrade.

Not as many coming back especially if ET and pens.

I was thinking of train from Warrington but it will be full of Scousers so might drive.

driving down this year :(. tried the coach against united took forever to get back to manchester and the trains quite expensive.

What are the nearest stations to Wembley from our end.
Don't want to go near any of the usual stations after the match,due to dippers being in that end.

Went to get train ticket for Wembley tonight and although I was able to get an open return was unable to get a seat on any of the trains going or coming back on the Sunday. The trains are very few and far between one an hour from 8.20. Does anyone know if there would be any chance of virgin putting on any more trains they are going to be absolutely rammed. When they get to Stockport I can't imagine there will be any room at all.

no plans for extra trains as we asked when we booked our tickets (5 of us) straight after semi managed to get seats, wouldn't worry too much about not being unreserved seats available , every wembley trip I have been on have had spare seats. Also a lot will go down saturday and scousers have trains from lime st and warrington

Just to note: Season card holders can get a 25% discount on Virgin Trains, off peak time. Check the City official website.

I wouldn't worry about scousers coming back up North - the Majority of them will be London based I'd imagine.

'Live round the corner, you only live round the corner'.

I'm glad I live in Midlands I can get a return from Birmingham moor street to Wembley stadium (change at high Wycombe) it's £19.15 nice ;)
And there are at least 7 trains away from the ground to Moor Street till 23:08 (they normally also put on a couple of additional trains for Wembley finals that go as far as to Bicester where you can change onto the (now) less crowded trains going north.
Many Blues drive to Warwick Parkway and get the train from there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.