Trains

SkyBlueFlux

As I type this I am on a Virgin train going up to Edinburgh.

I'd just like to take a few minutes (as I have nothing better to do) to describe this absolute joke of a rail service. As a student at Edinburgh Uni I'm regularly forced to do this voyage north of the border and I can tell you there's nothing I dread more than this train.

I'm honestly not one to complain and it takes a lot to wind me up this is the third successive time I've caught this train and found one or both of the following two things:

1) There's nothing like enough luggage room for a long distance train. Am I expected to balance this 20kg suitcase on my head?

2) There's not enough seats. Generally customers are treated like cattle, cos you know, the more people that can fit on a train, the more £££s for Virgin!

Twice now on 3 HOUR long trains I've been forced to stand for the whole journey. When I pay out of the ear for a ticket (I have actually done it cheaper in a car but I don't drive) the very least I expect is a seat for god's sake. I even tried reserving a seat but there were none available so I had to risk it. My question, if there are no seats left why are they not putting out more trains?! It's basic supply and demand.

This sounds like I'm just moaning I know but I just think it's an awful service and the monopoly it runs is just wrong. Trains should never be privately funded. I can't wait to drive and ruin the planet with my carbon footprint. At least I'll be able to walk the day after a journey. I'm thinking of setting a precedent and complaining to a company for just about the first time in my life.

I agree mate the trains are a JOKE. I get the train every morning to uni and for some reason they moved the train 25 mins later so I'm late every day through no fault of my own. Never get to sit down as they only run 3 carriages. for the amount of money these 'companies' make a little customer service would be nice.

Fucking students!

Moaning student no.1 - reserve a seat or get yourself in the buffet wagon and get on the beer. 3 hours will fly by.

Moaning student no.2 - Get the earlier train and you won`t be late.

Good to see our country is in such safe hands.

LookMumI'mOnBlueMoon said:
SkyBlueFlux said:
I can't wait to drive and ruin the planet with my carbon footprint. At least I'll be able to walk the day after a journey.
Great attitude that.

What, you have a CO2 powered car then i presume, maybe fairy dust ? He doesn't actually want to shit on the world mate read between the lines.

Hard luck foxy mate, i have not used public transport in a while espesh long distance uk trains. They look pretty, alas what you describe kind of mutes that point.

MCC said:
Fucking students!

Moaning student no.1 - reserve a seat or get yourself in the buffet wagon and get on the beer. 3 hours will fly by.

Moaning student no.2 - Get the earlier train and you won`t be late.

Good to see our country is in such safe hands.

moaning student no.2 here. the train before is a hour before so that would mean getting up at half 5 to be in for 9. where is the sense in that?i only live 30 mins from town as well.

Train service is usually pretty good i use em for work to get to that there london. Would never use em for personal use though, they charge a fortune.

Cheaper to buy a helicopter than use public transport i reckon.

Why didnt you go to Uni in Manchester/Liverpool/Leeds/Sheffield
Surely you knew Edinburgh wasnt just up the road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.